Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3.5 lift with 4” shocks

Old 08-24-2020, 08:30 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,942 Likes on 1,699 Posts

idk what kind of wheeling you might do in that area, but since the rear DS is CV joints on both ends, if you flip it around you can move the boot a little bit away from the evap skid that usually shreds it in short order. Kind of a pain to remove all those little botls and get the shaft out of the flange, but it's food for thought. Either that or relocate the evap.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mainly desert and Dunes bashing. High speed off-roading (40 to 60 MPH)
Old 08-24-2020, 03:21 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Black
I think I’m going to change the front DS now and keep the back one for a later stage.
any suggestions on the brands, I read some good feedbacks on Adams brand.
Regardless of which mfg you choose, it's not a bad idea to spend some time on Tom Woods website. There is a bunch of good reading material in the Tech Info area and the faq's. When looking for a shaft, pay attention to whether you will need to do a flange/yoke swap. And also note the type of joints, since you may need to remove the shaft for regular maintenance. (can be hard to grease some of the zerks with it installed...)

Quick Reply: 3.5 lift with 4” shocks