Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

3/4" Daystar + 3.25" Springs

Old 03-05-2007, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3/4" Daystar + 3.25" Springs

Has anyone done this before, by adding spring spacers to a coil spring lift.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It makes it a 4" lift and now you need the extra parts that go with a 4" lift
Old 03-05-2007, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Ponpeta, I talked to Rustys quite a bit, and I did ask them about adding coil spacers, they told me no problem. I have this Rustys lift kit on the way right now. Do you feel your front end needs lifted more? I thought yours looked good, but another guy with Rustys looked low in the front. If so, I may buy some spacers now just in case.

thanks
Old 03-05-2007, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

It's not low in the front it sits level bit by the time I add a front and rear bumper I think the springs will settle a little thats why I want the 3/4" spacers. Plus no matter what size lift I go with it will never be high enough. The brake lines seem long enough and It should make that much difference, I already have a front and rear adjustable trac bars and I will end up getting the adjustable control arms.

Last edited by ponpeta; 03-05-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Yep really the only thing this kit is missing is control arms, at 3.25 or even 4 inches with spacers they told me, they felt it was not a problem. However, I am sure some folks feel at 4 it will be needed. What you are talking about doing though, is exactly why i bought Rustys though, as it had so much included, that adding some spacers on top to go higher, would be very easy. Also just so you know, teraflex is selling 1/2 front spacers now, do a google.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chartguy
Yep really the only thing this kit is missing is control arms, at 3.25 or even 4 inches with spacers they told me, they felt it was not a problem. However, I am sure some folks feel at 4 it will be needed. What you are talking about doing though, is exactly why i bought Rustys though, as it had so much included, that adding some spacers on top to go higher, would be very easy. Also just so you know, teraflex is selling 1/2 front spacers now, do a google.
I think I will check them out also. I emailed Daystar today, one of there tech guys, the only thing I dont want a leveling kit It sit level now and I wasnt sure if the 3/4" kit was for leveling out only and then the rear would be sitting lower than the front.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey ponpeta,
How is the Rustys kit? I'm thinking of getting it because it is so complete for a good price. Are the brakes soft with 35s? Did you get the steering stabilizer? I noticed that Rustys kit doesn't come with bumpstops. Are you having any problems with tires hitting? Do you really off-road and get alot of articulation?
I'd really appreciate any information. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubidozer
Hey ponpeta,
How is the Rustys kit? I'm thinking of getting it because it is so complete for a good price. Are the brakes soft with 35s? Did you get the steering stabilizer? I noticed that Rustys kit doesn't come with bumpstops. Are you having any problems with tires hitting? Do you really off-road and get alot of articulation?
I'd really appreciate any information. Thanks.
I'm happy with the lift so far, as for the brakes I havent had any problems with the 35"s. I have been looking a steering stabilizer's just havent ordered one yet but I will get one. I have been off road in it a few times and disconnected the front sway bar, but I never got any rubbing at all I'm sure you could if you tried to but I have been taking it easy so far. Remember if you break something, trying to get replacement parts for an 07 is almost impossible and plus you have to wait for it to come in for weeks on end.

Quick Reply: 3/4" Daystar + 3.25" Springs