Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2nd set of 37x12.5x17's which tire this time?

Old 05-26-2012, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I realize this post is old now, but I've been looking at the Hankooks also. It's hard to find anyone who uses them. All the reviews I've found have been super positive yet they are still very illusive. Not sure why? Did you end up using Hankooks? If so, how have you liked them?
Old 08-22-2012, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SolarJKStar
I currently am running BFG KM2's 37's on my JKU, but I am not the biggest fan of them and dont like that they run so small.

I am consider the Nitto Trails, MTR-K's or Hankook Dynapro MT's...does anyone have any input on any of these 3 tires? I am really leaning towards the Dynapro's, but cant find much info on if they run true to size and an accurate weight on them.

I like the Nitto's look but have concerns with their weight & wear. The MTR's I go back an forth on but I have a pretty good deal for them on the table.

Its a DD, that sees trails, mud & snow in the winter, but no serious rocks.

Any input would be appreciated!
i have the hancooks and i really love them only reason i wont be getting a 37 in them is because they only come in load range e thats to stiff for my liking
Old 08-22-2012, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you haven't bought any tires yet I have had the Nittos and loved them Now have the Nittos Mud and have been great as well
Selling the Nittos mud if you are interested
Old 08-22-2012, 03:07 PM
JK Newbie

I've done a ton of research on the best 37's for me. I've decided on the Toyo MTs, never saw a single negative review other than that they are a bit heavy. Just ordered my wheels and the Toyos.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have read plenty of treads and reviews on 37" tires and everyone seens to love there Toyo,s the weight is a concern ,not sure if a 10lbs difference would be noticable in economy or performance.

seems the MTR,s have love them and hate them reviews mostly regarding balancing.
i would maybe consider the procomp mt xt have not seen a review on them.

The BFG,s do look small, i have mistaken 37" for 35"

Quick Reply: 2nd set of 37x12.5x17's which tire this time?