Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2dr jk help please

Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2dr jk help please

hi...my brother bought a 2d jk (manual gear) and wants to lift it to 4inchs...now 2dr are new to me cause i have a 4dr but im not familiar with the 2drs build...so my question is what do i need to get in order to lift it for 4 inch with 35" tires....so what about driveshafts and gears and stuff and he wants his tires to stick out...so please please it would be helpful if you guys list exactly what do i need for the build in a list

thanks
Old 07-30-2009, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All you need is a TF 2.5" coil lift and some adjustable trackbars to fit 35's on a 2 dr. YOu dont need 4" lift.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

As posted above, you only need 2.5 - 3" to run 35's. It is the same whether 2dr or 4dr. The difference is, on the 2dr, if you go over 3", then you will need aftermarket driveshafts. Most 2.5" lifts actually give you closer to 3" of actual lift, while a lot of 3" lifts give you more than that. If you only go 3-4" of actual lift, with a manual tranny, your front shaft might be okay, but the rear will need to be swapped. 4drs have longer rear shafts so they are usually okay until you go over 4".
Old 07-30-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll trio the above, a Tera Flex 2.5" Budget Boost with new shocks or shock extensions will allow 35" tires easily. Then you won't have to worry about the drive shafts for the time being.

Quick Reply: 2dr jk help please