Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

285's on 17 poison spyders ????

Old 01-25-2009, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 285's on 17 poison spyders ????

trying to see if poison spyder 17's with the 4.5 back space would fit a stock rubi without problems......

thank you fo the help...
Old 01-25-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manzajk
trying to see if poison spyder 17's with the 4.5 back space would fit a stock rubi without problems......

thank you fo the help...
The Poison Spyder (Spyderlocks) are only available with 3.5" backspacing, I'm sure they'll fit, but your tires will be pushed out 2.75" more than stock. You might rub on the fenders since the tires will be outside of them.

Here's a quote by Rookie from another thread (Clifton Slay from Spyderlock wheels)

"The 3.5" back spacing is the only option. The Spyderlock is a smash mouth hardcore wheel, where off road performance is it's primary function. The offset is to accommodate modified suspensions with out rubbing during articulation and hard turning, with the added advantage of stability. The exact factory bearing load is changed with differing offsets that will be found with most after market wheels. I doubt you would see a wear problem on your Jeep. I run the Spyderlocks on my daily driver JK and have not or anticipate any issue."

Here's the thread
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=spyderlock

Last edited by ScottK; 01-25-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

thank you scott,

so they will fit with minor rubbing, i will just cut the fenders a bit i cant afford a lift now and i dont wnat to buy wheels i will not use later.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

scott,

since you know well, how about the walker evans bead locks and i can order any back spacing, what would be a good number for that
Old 01-25-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manzajk
scott,

since you know well, how about the walker evans bead locks and i can order any back spacing, what would be a good number for that
It depends on how wide of a tire you plan on going with down the road. If you're going to 12.5" or less, 4.5" backspacing works. If you plan on going wider, you may need to go less backspacing to keep from rubbing on the inside, but will need more lift or flat fenders to avoid rubbing on the fenders themselves.

Quick Reply: 285's on 17 poison spyders ????