Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

285 vs 315 road manners

Old 11-15-2013, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 285 vs 315 road manners

Would like to put 315's on my new jeep but I'm worried about how it will drive on the highway. I've had 325's on my cummins and switched to 285's, the steering is much lighter and the truck doesn't follow the grooves and ruts in the road like it did with the 325's. I had 285's on my LJ which drove fine. Will 315's want to track and wonder on the JK to where it becomes annoying compared to the 285's? Who's had both on a JK to give me first hand feedback? I know the 315's look better and require more gear so just feedback on drivability please..
Thanks,
Old 11-16-2013, 02:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

315's will look better and provide a little more clearance, but 285's do not look bad and will ride better, better gas mileage, etc. I've had both on JK's myself and 285's were better on the road. it's subjective to a point. I don't think 315's/35's are annoying. just make sure you get them balanced well. are you talking mt or at? mt is going to track worse in either size on the road.

Quick Reply: 285 vs 315 road manners