Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

285/75/17 on stock wheels and 1.5" Spidertrax spacers

Old 02-24-2014, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right or wrong I finally pulled the trigger today. Tires are on back order, so I have a week or so to sit and wonder. I'm not a patient man. This is going to be rough. Thank you again to all of you who offered assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Josh
Old 02-24-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Cutter Bay
Been attempting to use the infamous "SEARCH" function. It is not working through my iPhone. I have been trying to decide between 285/75/17 Toyo A/T II tires or 295/70/17 Toyo M/T's. I bought a set of 1.5" Spidertrax spacers, as I don't want to invest in new wheels at this time. I have a 2012 JKU SPORT with 3.21 gears in 3.6 automatic. I am currently stock, no coil spacers or anything. I won't be able to lift within the next few months. This is my dd, and it will be mostly highway here in North Central Fl. If taken off-road, it would not involve rocks. Mud is a possibility if it lays ahead on the trail. Mud bogs are not in my future.

Would both these setups run without rubbing? The A/T II's would be 34", while the M/T's would be 33"'s.
Thank you in advance.
hello.

i went from my stock 255/?/17's to duratrac 285/7?/17 with no lift whatsoever, and just the spydertrax spacers.

i ran that setup for a couple of months, took it off road a couple of times, and then I got a lift.

matthew
Old 02-25-2014, 09:58 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jadmt
2014 jkur with aev 2" lift and 285/75-17 toyos at2's on stock rims with spidertrax spacers 4.10 gears and automatic winch on stock bumper and hard top. around 16mpg around town 18-20mpg on highway. used a procal to calibrate speedo/odometer and the are spot on per 2 garmin gps and a phone speedo app. I disregard the evic mpg and figure every fill up by hand ie miles driven by gallons taken. I do a bit worse in winter with winter blend fuel.
Do you have any pictures of that setup, it's very similar to what I want to do to my jk.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by alucchesi13
Do you have any pictures of that setup, it's very similar to what I want to do to my jk.
page one of this thread.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Well, I received all my lift items today. The tires were back ordered at least until the end of March. Question now is: DO I INSTALL THE 2" LIFT KNOWING THE TIRES WILL BE STOCKS FOR CLOSE TO 4 WEEKS? Yes, I know I capped all that. I was intending to. Nothing easy.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

It's down at tire shop now in line to get the tires mounted and balanced. Can't wait. The tires showed up here at my office, and man, oh man do they look big. They are so much better looking than the Goodyear stockers. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. The suspense is getting the best of me.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cutter Bay
It's down at tire shop now in line to get the tires mounted and balanced. Can't wait. The tires showed up here at my office, and man, oh man do they look big. They are so much better looking than the Goodyear stockers. I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. The suspense is getting the best of me.
Cool!!! Post picks and give out cigars.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2014, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bsmarble
Cool!!! Post pics.

Here is a link to the thread I started with pics.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...1/#post3863909

Quick Reply: 285/75/17 on stock wheels and 1.5" Spidertrax spacers