Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

285/70R17 on Stock Tires - No Rub???

Old 08-19-2012, 11:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rubbing with no lift while offroad also really depends if you disconnect the sway bar. On mild trails where you don't disconnect you will only rub on full lock (which happens on the street as well). But when you disconnect which allows the front axle to move then your tires will start to grab other things.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty12JKU
Which tires do you have Dave?
Mine are the Treadwright Wardens. From their site:

Outer Diameter: 33”
Section Width: 11.5”
Old 09-13-2012, 11:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering on this. My rig is stock atm, but I'm looking at throwing on some winter tires and was planning to get some 285/70/17's, but was worried about rub with no lift or spacers. Seems like it's mainly a non issue. I plan to do a leveling kit at some point anyway, so I guess worse case I'll have to speed up plans for that if I end up rubbing. Honestly, if you look or ask, I think you can find anything on this forum. Great resource.

Quick Reply: 285/70R17 on Stock Tires - No Rub???