Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

285/70/17 Duratrac's on MT Classic III's 17x9 - 4.5Backspacking. What do you think?

Old 09-20-2013, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No what?

Originally Posted by don123160
Hey Sahara Lee:
Thanks for getting back and the compliments on the Jeep. Your JKU looks awesome. I'm planning on 35's and 3-3.5 lift down the road soon. Really like yours.
How do you like your lift? Any problems going 4" with driveline?

Thanks to everyone else with their input as well.

Since I have an Unlimited, the rear drive shaft will not be a problem. On your 2 door you might need a different drive shaft in the rear if you go above 3".

I have an automatic and so far no problems with the factory front driveshaft. I check it every week. If I start to see problems (torn boot) it will be replaced immediately.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

I just got that exact setup today. 285 70 17 Duratracs on MT Classic III wheels. I'm running a Teraflex 2.5" LCG longarm.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txxdcc
I just got that exact setup today. 285 70 17 Duratracs on MT Classic III wheels. I'm running a Teraflex 2.5" LCG longarm.
Hey. Your jeep is looking great. I'm assuming you got the same amount of tire sticking out past the fenders? I'd same is about 1.5 inches or almost to the first channel in the tread. How do you like the look of yours.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:43 PM
JK Newbie

Its the way a lifted Jeep ought to look as far as I'm concerned. Yes, the tires stick out past the flares about an inch or so, but that really isn't much at all. If full coverage is what you prefer, then that's how your Jeep should look! Some states REQUIRE full coverage, some don't, keep that in mind as well.

Quick Reply: 285/70/17 Duratrac's on MT Classic III's 17x9 - 4.5Backspacking. What do you think?