Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

275/65/18 Tires? Load Range E?

Old 08-09-2010, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 275/65/18 Tires? Load Range E?

I am ready to upgrade the tires on my Sahara, but don't want to lift it or modify the suspension. By the looks of the other threads 275/65/18 is the largest tire that will fit without throwing the speedo off or major rubbing.

I am very interested in the GY Duratracs but concerned about the tires being a Load range "E" (Many of the tires in this size are).

Can you guys give me some feedback on how this may impact the ride of the jeep on pavement? Gas Mileage difference?

Thanks for your help and appreciate any insitght you can give on new tires?

Last edited by onlylive1; 08-09-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onlylive1
I am ready to upgrade the tires on my Sahara, but don't want to lift it or modify the suspension. By the looks of the other threads 275/65/18 is the largest tire that will fit without throwing the speedo off or major rubbing.

I am very interested in the GY Duratracs but concerned about the tires being a Load range "E" (Many of the tires in this size are).

Can you guys give me some feedback on how this may impact the ride of the jeep on pavement? Gas Mileage difference?

Thanks for your help and appreciate any insitght you can give on new tires?
How did those 275/65/18 Duratracs work out for you?
Old 04-09-2012, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running 275/70R18 duratracs on my 2011 sahara unlimited. i love them and them ride great. slight noise at first compared to the stockers in the city, but now i don't notice. but on the highway you will hear a slight growl, but nothing that will bother you. b/f all terrains are worse on the hwy. as for load range E, i have the same and they ride great, hold in the corners well, ( I'm lifted so i don't turn hard ) and my psi is at 32. you might notice they are a bit harder over speed bumps or big potholes, but honestly i have no complaints. I've been through mud, slushy snow, rocks, and just plain ol'dirt roads for work almost everyday, and they have held up awesome so far. can't comment on wear yet, but i was told if your good with them , you can get 50-60k miles on them ( roughly 80,000km if you run them down ). probably one of the best all round tires on the market, but they can be on the higher side of pricing. i payed 1300cdn for mine with 200 trade in on my stockers, so they listed at roughly 1500 including 12% tax ( i know lol ). oh as for mileage i lost nothing in the bush but roughly 1mpg on the hwy

Last edited by courtsm3; 04-09-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Quick Reply: 275/65/18 Tires? Load Range E?