Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

+25 offset AEV Pintlers and 285 tires?

Old 11-19-2011, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default +25 offset AEV Pintlers and 285 tires?

Im thinking of getting AEV Pintlers in the +25mm offset and running 285/70/17 (33) or 285/75/17 (34)s with a leveling kit or the OME standard springs (615 and 617) on my 2door. Would I have any problems with this setup? I want to keep my wheels under the flairs as much as possible and dont plan to go wider in the future. I figured as long as I stick with a setup that doesnt require longer rear swaybar links (like the OME standard springs) id be okay. I dont ever plan to do any rock crawling which would require extreme articulation. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as you don't go any wider for a tire you will be fine. You would be fine with your stock wheels too. Those pintlers with that offset will stick your tire out an extra 3/4" over stock(offset). However the wheel is one inch wider so you are only gaining 1/4" backspace over stock.

Quick Reply: +25 offset AEV Pintlers and 285 tires?