Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2016 2 door jk lift

Old 06-21-2021, 09:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
The Rock sport shocks will give you a good ride and more travel than the fox shocks which run a higher nitrogen charge and tend to ride a bit harsh unless your rig is on the heavy side.
Being that I have a full size front bumper with the wrench and looking to get a rear with a new tire carrier mount for the back door.. should I opt for the fox or would it really not make too much of a difference with thus mentioned. Don't k ow what you heavy qualifies as.
Old 06-21-2021, 09:10 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,945 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Well, you're already a step ahead of the game here. Most people show up after purchasing a lift and experiencing problems, THEN they kinda realize what they bought wasn't ideal. You've gotten good responses above, and I'd add another +1 for Metalcloak. Might keep in mind a future budget for steering upgrades along the way.......something many don't think about when lifting and increasing tire size. Factory BJs are a common wear issue.
Old 06-21-2021, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Well, you're already a step ahead of the game here. Most people show up after purchasing a lift and experiencing problems, THEN they kinda realize what they bought wasn't ideal. You've gotten good responses above, and I'd add another +1 for Metalcloak. Might keep in mind a future budget for steering upgrades along the way.......something many don't think about when lifting and increasing tire size. Factory BJs are a common wear issue.
Any recommendations and advice. Assuming that is just a typical thing and not too much you could possibly do to prevent quick ware.... im only going to run 33s since I only have the sport why I honestly did not want a 3k+ lift due to the fact not wanting to go into gear changing and the whole 9 yards that comes with the 35+.... I been told I can ride 35 but l assumed it would break down faster than the 33s would... this is my learning curve.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I cringe every time I see that place get brought up. They have to be one of the worst retailers IMO, and most of what they sell is crap. I think that new owners do a search for XXXX and inevitably ET is near the top of google's results. For as bad of a retailer as they are, I think you're right......
that's how I ended up buying from them. It won't happen again though. Price was good service was terrible and not worth it to me.
Old 06-26-2021, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

I was thinking about adding this to my order or do you think it is not needed? Just came across it.

https://metalcloak.com/jk-rear-coil-...-retainer.html
Old 06-26-2021, 05:25 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I prefer to just cut and rotate the factory perches. I just did that for a customer today.

Quick Reply: 2016 2 door jk lift