Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2015 Rubicon JK w 4" Lift & 35s - left pull, squirrelly at speed

Old 06-01-2022, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

I have 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on mine and it doesn't pull to the left. It tracks perfectly straight.
Old 06-01-2022, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

If that LCA is damaged then I suggest you get it on a rack and do a corner to corner measurement check. Just a 1/4" difference can make a vehicle pull one way. A shorter LCA will pull the diff back a bit. Have someone follow you and observe for crabbing.
Old 06-01-2022, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chiapeteater
I have 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on mine and it doesn't pull to the left. It tracks perfectly straight.
Great, glad you don't have the issue that so many others do.

A lot of people noting a consistant issue with a specific tire doesn't mean everyone has the issue. But there are enough cases out there including many types of vehicles, some with no lift at all, to indicate something is afoot - especially when switching to a different brand of tires resolves the issue.
Old 06-01-2022, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
If that LCA is damaged then I suggest you get it on a rack and do a corner to corner measurement check. Just a 1/4" difference can make a vehicle pull one way. A shorter LCA will pull the diff back a bit. Have someone follow you and observe for crabbing.
Will do. I'd like to replace those LCA anyway, when money allows.
Old 06-02-2022, 04:12 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,865 Likes on 1,632 Posts

I have several years first-hand experience with 37" Trail Grapplers in addition to having many buddies on the same tire from 35 up to 40s. Never seen an issue with these. I've never searched, but I'm a little surprised to see the results you found. Odd. Nothing says any tire can't get uneven wear due to various reasons though and then cause issues like a pull.
Old 06-02-2022, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
I have several years first-hand experience with 37" Trail Grapplers in addition to having many buddies on the same tire from 35 up to 40s. Never seen an issue with these. I've never searched, but I'm a little surprised to see the results you found. Odd. Nothing says any tire can't get uneven wear due to various reasons though and then cause issues like a pull.
True - but many of the reports are brand new sets, and at times resolved by a totally different set of Trail Grabbers! Weird, huh? It is making my brain hurt trying to figure that out 😆

Quick Reply: 2015 Rubicon JK w 4" Lift & 35s - left pull, squirrelly at speed