Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2015 Rubi suspension question

Old 08-05-2015, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Rubi suspension question

I've been lurking on here for a long time and finally decided to Join now that I've bought my 2nd Jeep and in a position to actually modify it. Hooray for a steady job and understanding wife! I've found a couple of older threads that answer some of my questions but not all.

I have a 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock and I plan on buying Gobi (stealth), RTT, and adding a winch. I don't do a lot of crawling, mostly logging roads, forest service roads, or double tracks out to my favorite runs on the Olympic Peninsula, think more overland or expedition style. I really like the ride height on the stock rubi, so i'm not looking to gain altitude, but what I am concerned about is weight. With the extra weight of the rack, tent, winch and gear, what do you guys/gals think my best option is for keeping my stock height/travel. I'm driving myself crazy trying to figure this out. I've researched full blown lifts, HD coils, even airbags. This jeep isn't a daily driver per SE, but I drive it 3 or 4 times a week.

Any/all opinions are welcomed, even the off color rude remarks are fine too, they make me laugh. Thanks in advance!!!

-Tony
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CAL_8162.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	620509  
Old 08-05-2015, 09:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Load it up and see, those springs are rated a little higher than normal stock (17/59) Rubi springs.
I'd just test it out before I did anything. If it sags too much look into the Old Man Emu HD coils.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can always take before and after height measurements and just throw some spacers on top of the springs if you have any sag. Cheaper than a new set of coils.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Synergy suspension makes 1" springs that will handle the weight better than the factory springs. After you add everything you probably will not notice any height difference or minimal at best. If you search a certain expedition focused forum website you will find a nice thread on these springs along with some pictures.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

I would just measure the amount of height lost and add coil spacers. Inexpensive and easy to install.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:04 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Like others have said load it up and see what you need. You should have the highest coil rates offered from jeep and doubt the loss of height would be much. I think you would have to add around 1000-1200#'s to the jeep to loose an inch of height.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Load it up and shim it if you have to. Leveling kit and or shims. Easy install. Sent using smoke signals I got about 2/12 inches in front and 1 inch in back with the level kit but have since changed that setup.

Quick Reply: 2015 Rubi suspension question