Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2015 Ripp super charger issues...

Old 11-17-2015, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blockrockin
ive had a ripp superchargers on a few jeeps.. never lost low end torque... and getting about 9 pound of boost.. love it.. makes driving much more fun im sure once you get it dialed in you will be happy
I'm more upset with the off the line power. The car has stock size tires and I'm only hitting 8.5-8.7 0-60 times. Not sure what could be attributed to this.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by jkfsu
I'm more upset with the off the line power. The car has stock size tires and I'm only hitting 8.5-8.7 0-60 times. Not sure what could be attributed to this.
I see two problems... possibly related. First you called it a car. Second, you're judging it like a car... 0-60 times in a jeep?!

joking.. yeah, once you get the tune ironed out it'll be better. I had a RIPP on a 2011 and it was fine.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well you are trying to move about 5000 lbs with the aerodynamics of a brick and tires that have the rolling resistance of a square all with the power of a v6. But yeah its a mystery : P
Old 11-17-2015, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like somebody's Mall Crawler is not exactly what he thought it would be?? Its a JEEP!!, not a Corvette.

Even money this "Car" will be for sale in the next year or so.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PhxSilver
Sounds like somebody's Mall Crawler is not exactly what he thought it would be?? Its a JEEP!!, not a Corvette.

Even money this "Car" will be for sale in the next year or so.
Little upset you can't afford it or something? Seriously don't come into this thread when I'm posting about an issue to complain that I said car instead of jeep. I don't expect this to be a corvette but I do expect the performance to be better than what I had before the blower. And yes if this jeep doesn't perform the way I expect it I will probably sell it, got a problem? If I'm spending enough money I should get the gains that I expect so.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I took my 2007 to a local engine tuner and the results were great. If the stock tune doesn't work to your satisfaction after RIPP helps you then a custom tune may be the way to go. I gained both torque and hp as well as they adjusted my peddle.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default Ripp Supercharger

I too recently installed one on our 2008 JK and the thing is a Rocket compared to stock. Very happy with the way it runs.
Old 11-19-2015, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check and see if you left a rag in the intercooler or piping...Happened to a guy on JKO.
Old 11-19-2015, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Little upset you can't afford it or something? Seriously don't come into this thread when I'm posting about an issue to complain that I said car instead of jeep. I don't expect this to be a corvette but I do expect the performance to be better than what I had before the blower. And yes if this jeep doesn't perform the way I expect it I will probably sell it, got a problem? If I'm spending enough money I should get the gains that I expect so.
oh geez.. lighten up Francis. Sounds like you didn't do your homework before spending that cash. Now you're skin is thin and can't take any ribbing. Spending the money doesn't guarantee you get the gains you expect if you didn't know what to expect. That's exactly what this sounds like. Your expectations weren't based on reality.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ripp super charger issues...