Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2015 JKU - Advice Needed

Old 10-30-2015, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 JKU - Advice Needed

Hi all, hoping for some advice here. I just bought a 2015 JKU off of eBay and I seem to have under misjudged it a touch. I thought it had 35's and about a 3" lift. It arrived today and it's awesome, but not what I was expecting. It's got 37's, a 4" lift and a 2" body lift. It's way too much for my son, who I bought it for. Heck, it's too much for me and I love this stuff.

That said, I'm looking for thoughts on what I should do. As I see it, my options are:

1. Pull the 2" body lift and replace the 37s with 35s. Keep the same 20" rims (which I love) and try to sell the 37s.
2. Do the same but sell the wheels/tires as a set.
3. Scrap it and sell the whole rig.

I'm assuming that it will be much less over the top with just the 4" lift and 35s (my last one had a 3" lift and 35s and it was fine).

So....what should I do?
Old 10-30-2015, 03:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

what brand of lift and tires/wheels? if low quality just pull off and get a decent 2.5" lift. Tires should be easy to trade.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

Nitto mud grappler tires on black American Outlaw wheels. 4" suspension lift is a Zone Off Road.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:02 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Were the axles regeared for the 37's? Determine what you have before dropping tire size. (whoever build it went with one of the cheapest lift combo's you can find, so I doubt they put any money into gears...)

How does it drive? That lift comes with cams, which don't have the best rep. It does not come with a flip/high steer, which many people want at that height.

Many people here are not really fans of the 20+ inch rims. If you like them, keep them. If not, sell them and find a set of 17's you like.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

20" wheels and 35" tires are a poor off road combination once aired down. Might as well toss the wheels in with the 37"s. definitely get rid of the body lift and buy a reputable COMPLETE lift kit.

Curious, is this thing rolling on stock drive shafts?
Old 10-30-2015, 06:07 PM
JK Newbie

Im sure it hasn't been re-geared, which is probably a good thing. I can't imagine the drive shafts have been changed either, but I don't know.

Quick Reply: 2015 JKU - Advice Needed