Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2014 Unlimited Rubicon Rail/Step Recommendation

Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Unlimited Rubicon Rail/Step Recommendation

New to the forum and first post.

I've been researching rails/steps for my Rubi, and clearly the choices are nearly overwhelming. My vehicle came with OEM Rock Rails (not Rubi Rails), but I'd like something that provides more of a step. However, I don't want to have the pinch seam exposed. The OEM Rock Rails cover the seam completely for a clean, finished look.

The ACE JK Rock Sliders can be used with Rubi Rails, so picking up both is an option (although pricey), but I'm wondering if the group can provide additional recommendations? I won't be doing much rocking in my jeep. . .the plan is to be more expedition oriented.

TIA. . .
Old 03-10-2014, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're not going to rock crawl, then coverage is not a huge issue.

I have the poison spider brawler rockers and love them. They provide what I would consider full coverage (from the frame rails to the door sills) and a step...but they are expensive, heavy, and they take a lot of work to install. Those ace rails will probably give you as much coverage as you realistically need for a moderate use type of expedition machine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2014, 12:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by catastrofe
New to the forum and first post.

I've been researching rails/steps for my Rubi, and clearly the choices are nearly overwhelming. My vehicle came with OEM Rock Rails (not Rubi Rails), but I'd like something that provides more of a step. However, I don't want to have the pinch seam exposed. The OEM Rock Rails cover the seam completely for a clean, finished look.

The ACE JK Rock Sliders can be used with Rubi Rails, so picking up both is an option (although pricey), but I'm wondering if the group can provide additional recommendations? I won't be doing much rocking in my jeep. . .the plan is to be more expedition oriented.

TIA. . .
I have the Ace bolt on's and I really like them.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Ace rails, but they really need the Rubi sliders to hide the pinch seam and make it look complete. You can usually buy some Rubi slider takeoffs from CL, or maybe trade for your OEM rails. I sold my OEM plastic steps for the same price that I paid for new Rubi slider takeoffs on CL ($125).

Another similar option is the new JCR rock rails:

JcrOffroad, Inc. 4 Door Classic Rock Sliders - JK Wrangler

Last edited by brighton; 03-10-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Unlimited Rubicon Rail/Step Recommendation