Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2014 Unlimited Cover Recomendations?

Old 05-22-2018, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Unlimited Waterproof Cover Recomendations?

Been awhile since I have been on here. I am going to need to park the jeep outside for 12-18 months rather than in my one car garage. I tend to leave the doors off a lot in the summer but not all the time. What recommendations does anyone have in the way of a great cover for the jeep. Unlimited Rubi, 5" of lift with 37" mtr's, and a full AEV front and Shrockworks rear with tire carrier...will need it to cover from front to back and stay in place in bad weather as it will typically be covered all week and used on weekends. Thanks!

Last edited by scubaskier; 05-22-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have experience with Covercraft covers I used on my JKU when I was deployed. They covered well from the a/m front bumper all the way around the tailgate mounted 35” spare. I parked outside in the harsh Bavaria, Germany weather the entire time.
I used the Weathershield cover, which was very lightweight for a 15 month deployment, a 12 month deployment, and about 6 months into a 10 month deployment when my wife told me a tear had developed. Actually a seam had separated near the back corner, I assume from flapping, as it was an area that was loose-ish.
i purchased the Noah cover to replace it, had it sent to my wife, and she installed it easily. It lasted the rest of that deployment, and once I moved to Colorado, through a couple light hail storms with no issues. I sold it when I sold the JKU, but I was very pleased with both covers. The Noah cover is about twice as thick and felt a lot more sturdy. It’s heavier weight, so it doesn’t store as easily.
i always had the hard top on when I had the cover on, so I can’t speam on how well it’ll work with doors, or top off, but Coverking does make some fit those applications, so I think you could find something that works.

Quick Reply: 2014 Unlimited Cover Recomendations?