Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2014 Transmission and cooler

Old 02-23-2014, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Transmission and cooler

So I assume that a 12 and up with the pentastar have the same transmission cooler line arrangement, but I could be wrong.

If you add an aux cooler to your 2014 auto transmission do you still use the top line from the transmission to tap and feed thru the cooler?

Any technical reference would be appreciated.

I burned the fluid on my 08 then added a B&M aux cooler and never had a problem again (remember the Chrysler CHIME fix?)

I am just assuming the 14 has the same problem so am taking the precaution in advance. With the cooler I never harmed my transmission fluid again.

Thanks for any help or pointers!
Old 02-23-2014, 02:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

The 2012s and newer with automatic transmission have a larger cooler than the previous models, and it is in the direct air flow through the grill, unlike the previous models.

I don't think anyone has had the need to add an additional transmission cooler to the 2012s and newer JKs.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
The 2012s and newer with automatic transmission have a larger cooler than the previous models, and it is in the direct air flow through the grill, unlike the previous models.

I don't think anyone has had the need to add an additional transmission cooler to the 2012s and newer JKs.
You are correct sir, it was a 12MY change.

Quick Reply: 2014 Transmission and cooler