Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2014 Polar Edition tire size

Old 07-24-2014, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the stock polar wheels too. I'm curious to see a jeep with oversized tires on those wheels. If you decide to go the rout of keeping you stock wheels and upgrade tires, I would like to see how they turn out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1301511106.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	567408   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2480419578.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	567409  

Last edited by durffjk; 07-24-2014 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
You have caught the mod bug, just like all the rest of us. Best remedy is not spend ANY money until you make a long term plan on how you want to build the jeep for the trails that YOU will go on. Besides, its better to wheel stock and learn your way at wheel placement and become familiar with how the jeep rides so you can trouble-shoot issues later on after you do add things. One way to get to your short term goal is to trim your fenders to make it appear lifted and it won't cost a dime, just your time to hack off plastic on your brand new purchase. This and adding wheel spacers are probably the only mods that will not affect mpg. You will still have a by design nose-down rake though. A 3/4~1" front only puck spacer will level the rake but you will increase drag and lose .5~2 mpg. Removing the front plastic air dam makes the jeep look taller too, but again increases drag and affects mpg. Your correct in AT tire choice over MT for your usage, but depending on what you run, you may affect mpg. Others will talk of wheel weight but 'rolling resistance' is a major factor too often overlooked. I ran skinny 33's 275x70x18 Cooper STT with wheel spacers, no lift, and lost 2 mpg. A few months later I took the air dam off and lost another mpg. Later on added lift, added drag and averaged 16 mpg if I was mindful of my right foot. Now, with 35's I get 13 mpg.

Thanks man, and yes I have caught the mod bug!! I want to do so much but unfortunately money is tight and not able to yet haha. But after thinking about it, I will be saving my money! I'm in no rush at all with the jeep I love it stock and the accessories can wait til the money comes in! If I did anything to it first I have decided to do an intake and exhaust

Quick Reply: 2014 Polar Edition tire size