Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2014 JKU Horn, I mean horns...

Old 01-24-2014, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by g Rock
That thing is frigging awesome, . Not that you haven't been asked.. But where did you order it from.. Stock rubi and sent it out or what ??. I seen one at off road evo in the show. What's the cost ??? Or was it conversion ??
American Expedition Vehicles makes these at their factory in Michigan. In this case, my truck was made for a dealer in Durango and used a '14 Rubicon as the donor vehicle. Here's more info on the packages and costs: American Expedition Vehicles - Brute Double Cab
Old 01-24-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by crusaderJK
I have a '11 Sahara EU version that came with 2 horns. One also behind the headlight and the other one behind the front bumper. I too found them to be the same frequency. I've replaced them with the PIAA superior bass horns.
Nice upgrade.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:11 PM
JK Newbie

Appreciate the compliments. The Brute DC is a lot of fun. Cheers.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default so are you saying

Originally Posted by brute_dc
The Brute Double Cab actually weighs about 300lbs less than a stock JKU so it gets about the same MPG and it is about 23" longer so not as nimble in tight spaces as a stock JKU.
this has the same 3.6 motor in it as the standard newer jk and gets the same milage ?
Old 01-24-2014, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
this has the same 3.6 motor in it as the standard newer jk and gets the same milage ?
Yes, it has the stock 3.6L Pentastar in it and gets comparable mileage to the stock JKU. That is until I send it back to AEV for the 6.4L Hemi upgrade....
Old 01-24-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Junkie

Default ok i see

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo%201.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	526051so your kinda building it i thought the brute comes like this :

Brute JK. They claim that just like their products the Brute is design to to keep adventurers safe and warm in earth’s toughest conditions. Well for $130,000 I would certainly hope the Brute would do keep you very warm and snug as many of us would need to live in it once our significant other saw the price tag.

For that price the team at AEV and Filson took the JK and placed the reasonable 6.4L V8 HEMI inside, equipped it with the 61" x 60" Cored Composite Bed, Stamped Steel Cab Closeout, Double Cab Hardtop, and Double Cab Rocker Guard.

The team at AEV also fitted the car with all sorts of products to up the ante off road including:
-AEV ProCal
-AEV Jack Base
-AEV Badging
-AEV Instrument Cluster
-AEV Logo Headrest
-AEV Serialized Build Plaque
-AEV Premium Front Bumper
-IPF 901 Off-Road Lights
-AEV Front Skid Plate
-AEV Winch Mount
-Warn 9.5cti Winch
-AEV Heat Reduction Hood
-AEV 17" Alloy Wheels
-BFGoodrich 35" Mud-Terrain Tires

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-24-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:31 PM
JK Newbie

so your kinda building it i thought the brute comes like this :

Brute JK. They claim that just like their products the Brute is design to to keep adventurers safe and warm in earth’s toughest conditions. Well for $130,000 I would certainly hope the Brute would do keep you very warm and snug as many of us would need to live in it once our significant other saw the price tag.

For that price the team at AEV and Filson took the JK and placed the reasonable 6.4L V8 HEMI inside, equipped it with the 61" x 60" Cored Composite Bed, Stamped Steel Cab Closeout, Double Cab Hardtop, and Double Cab Rocker Guard.

The team at AEV also fitted the car with all sorts of products to up the ante off road including:
-AEV ProCal
-AEV Jack Base
-AEV Badging
-AEV Instrument Cluster
-AEV Logo Headrest
-AEV Serialized Build Plaque
-AEV Premium Front Bumper
-IPF 901 Off-Road Lights
-AEV Front Skid Plate
-AEV Winch Mount
-Warn 9.5cti Winch
-AEV Heat Reduction Hood
-AEV 17" Alloy Wheels
-BFGoodrich 35" Mud-Terrain Tires
There are essentially 3 trim levels. The first 2 are low to mid $80s which includes the price of the donor vehicle, like a Rubi. The Filston addition is the top of the line and has additional interior customizations + a 6.4l Hemi under the hood and does cost $130K.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:36 PM
JK Junkie

Default ahh does the 3.6 feel powerful enough for a truck ?

Originally Posted by brute_dc
There are essentially 3 trim levels. The first 2 are low to mid $80s which includes the price of the donor vehicle, like a Rubi. The Filston addition is the top of the line and has additional interior customizations + a 6.4l Hemi under the hood and does cost $130K.

i mean ive always had trucks and i lifted some but just curious about jeep truck i mean they look great but it seems very steep and not so big of a bed and a 3.6 motor in a truck sounds like trouble on tranny and then a hemi is rather expensive when you could buy a f 350 and a jk for that/ but you must be a true jeep lover to invest that kind of money into one

ps they should put the dam horn in for you at that price ! lol all this money and you have to start fixing the flaws welcome to the club !! ps can you send me your old 3.6 motor any left over parts in case mine fail best of luck with it ! its realy a nice looking jeep (brute) enjoy

ps i love the shape of the back doors real military style

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-24-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

i mean ive always had trucks and i lifted some but just curious about jeep truck i mean they look great but it seems very steep and not so big of a bed and a 3.6 motor in a truck sounds like trouble on tranny and then a hemi is rather expensive when you could buy a f 350 and a jk for that/ but you must be a true jeep lover to invest that kind of money into one

ps they should put the dam horn in for you at that price ! lol all this money and you have to start fixing the flaws welcome to the club !! ps can you send me your old 3.6 motor any left over parts in case mine fail
Agree with your comments on cost. This is not a value play, for sure, it's about something different. <20 built so far.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:00 PM
JK Junkie

Default yeh got ya on that

]the rear doors look diffent than a jku are they or is it just because the cab is in there they look differnt ? well good luck with the project keep posting pics nice concept i hate the horn in these you hit it and it dosent work you have to lay on it ! ill be trying a push button horn i think momentary contact im sick of this stock set up i dont know how they think this isnt a saftey issue

[ATTACH]526058[/ATTACH
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	$(KGrHqF,!l8E7DQ+lB2IBPBE+I2wqQ~~60_35.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	526058  

Last edited by jeepmojo; 01-24-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Quick Reply: 2014 JKU Horn, I mean horns...