Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2014 jku

Old 07-18-2016, 10:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 jku

Ok so i have a 2014 JKU that i bought last month. Finally upgraded from my Cherokee. My Xj was 4 linked in the rear and long arms up from and was a great vehicle offroad. Just wanted more comfort.

With that being said, Im looking at a few different kits and the one that keeps catching my eye is the Full Traction 4" Long arm kit. Im also looking at upgrading the rear with their CRC link. Anyone have any info on these kits? I know they had issues in the past with bad bushings and rod ends but from my understanding with my XJ stuff they have upgraded them and no longer are having issues.

They are located north of me about an hr. Im debating on making the drive and seeing their shop and talking with their tech guys about it as well.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do not know about the full traction for JK's but my dad has one for his TJ and is not happy with their after install support, the bushing they used for his kit are no longer being made and have been replaced already once and they are failing again with very little offroad and road time, he is currently researching other lifts to replace his Full Traction.

But i have used Rock Krawler kits and liked them a lot, my 2016 build i am more than likely going to run Rock Krawler Arms and EVO Bolt on coilover kit, at least that is the plan so far.

jb
Old 07-18-2016, 11:36 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

What size tire will you be running? Why are you planning to jump right to a long-arm? Have you read the two threads stuck right to the top of this Modified area? (FAQ's and Thought On Lifts)

The JK isn't your old XJ, you may be unnecessarily throwing money at it...

Last edited by nthinuf; 07-18-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

I like the ride quality of the long arms over the short arms. I have ridden in both and the long arms by far ride a lot smother than the short arms. As for tires im planning on running 37s. Going to be gearing and locking both front are rear axles.

Has anyone dealt with the CRC link at all?

As for the bushings that was a concern of mine as well but from what i have heard they have gone away with the old style that was having issues and redesigned it. I called down there today and talked to someone about the bushings and they insisted that they have upgraded it and no longer use that style. Sat on the phone with the person i spoke with for about 45 minutes talking about the suspension and he was very informative and helped a lot with the issues i have heard.

I mentioned to him i have heard horror stories about the customer service, and he stated that that was addressed and shouldnt have any issues with that any more as well.

After speaking to him i am leaning farther and farther to full traction just nervous about it a bit still.

As for Rock Krawler, I have heard those kits are great kits as well, I just dont like that they are clear across the country if something were to happen i couldnt go straight to them to have them look, inspect, or warranty anything.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not trying to flame here and it sounds like you already know what you want to go with... Do you live right next to the jeep manufacturer? Do you live right next to your kitchen appliance manufacturer? Buy the kit from a reputable (forum) dealer and slap that bad boy on there. If anything happens and it's covered by a warranty give them a call. If something happens to your suspension and you can't drive it (to me) it doesn't matter if it's hours away or a country side away... You will still have to wait, unless you have a car hauler... If I was a manufacturer I would definitely say that all the bad parts are better now AND customer service is a number one concern...

Quick Reply: 2014 jku