Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2014 JK Programmer

Old 07-07-2014, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by groth797
So which I get either diablo or trail dash for my 2014 unlimited Sahara what kinda of improvements would I see? Completely stock right is why I'm asking. Mpg? Response time? Tuning? Just seeing

Thanks guys
I would make sure Superchips has the bugs worked out for the 14's first.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the trinity on my '14 and it works like a champ. Much better throttle response. A noticeable increase in power, and tremendously better transmission logic.

Mileage varies as to how you drive, your top, your doors, air pressure in tires, etc, more than any programmer will.
Old 07-08-2014, 04:51 AM
JK Newbie

I have the super chips in my 13 and prefer this one.I have tried bully dog and diablo IMO there is better throttle response in the super chip and easier to program. My diablo was a pain and messed up my shift pattern and after downloading all fixes still did not shift til high rpm or let off throttle. Also my mileage dropped 1.5 mpg. I think they are all good you just have to decide which is better for you. I also run the super chip in the 93 performance mode regardless of gas run. Tows better in this mode as well with no knocking or pinging

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-10-2014, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

So if I get a programmer which ever it is and mount it either top of the dash or on the window mount, what about my risk of someone stealing it? We all know there are those assholes out there and the last thing I want is buying a $500 programmer to wake up and it be gone. Once I install it can I unplug it and lock it up or take inside? Or once it is installed you will have to reinstall it if you unplug it? Sorry for the question haha I'm new to this whole thing!
Old 07-10-2014, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by groth797
So if I get a programmer which ever it is and mount it either top of the dash or on the window mount, what about my risk of someone stealing it? We all know there are those assholes out there and the last thing I want is buying a $500 programmer to wake up and it be gone. Once I install it can I unplug it and lock it up or take inside? Or once it is installed you will have to reinstall it if you unplug it? Sorry for the question haha I'm new to this whole thing!
Ummmm...unplug it and bring it inside with ya!

Sent from the swamp while taggin' a gator!
Old 07-10-2014, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Will that screw it up? Like after I unplug it and then come back the next morning to plug it back in to the jeep, will it still be set up for my jeep right? No need to reprogram
Old 07-11-2014, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

It doesn't have to stay plugged in to work. It writes a program to the ECM in the jeep then you are done with the programmer until you need to reprogram. It walks you through the steps when you plug it in.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bypass
It doesn't have to stay plugged in to work. It writes a program to the ECM in the jeep then you are done with the programmer until you need to reprogram. It walks you through the steps when you plug it in.
I personally only went with the TrailDash because I have a rubi and it has some rubi specific options that no other tuner that I know of can offer. Such as locking the axles when not in four low, and unlocking the swaybar e disco at the touch of a button.

If not, I would have went with the DiabloSport Trinity.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ChrisNAngus
I personally only went with the TrailDash because I have a rubi and it has some rubi specific options that no other tuner that I know of can offer. Such as locking the axles when not in four low, and unlocking the swaybar e disco at the touch of a button.

If not, I would have went with the DiabloSport Trinity.
^^^ Ditto on this.

If I had a 2007-11 JK, I'd consider using Trinity (or putting that $600 toward a hemi-swap). But since I have a 3.6, I'm not really concerned with eeking out a few extra HP (it already runs great from the factory).

In all fairness, I haven't used the Trinity, but I have used both the BullyDog and the TrailDash...both work well and have similar features specific to Rubicons. IMO, the touchscreen and bigger/more detailed display and features of the TrailDash make it the best option of the 3...at least for late model JKs. - YMMV
Old 08-24-2014, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14JKUR
^^^ Ditto on this.

If I had a 2007-11 JK, I'd consider using Trinity (or putting that $600 toward a hemi-swap). But since I have a 3.6, I'm not really concerned with eeking out a few extra HP (it already runs great from the factory).

In all fairness, I haven't used the Trinity, but I have used both the BullyDog and the TrailDash...both work well and have similar features specific to Rubicons. IMO, the touchscreen and bigger/more detailed display and features of the TrailDash make it the best option of the 3...at least for late model JKs. - YMMV

Quick Reply: 2014 JK Programmer