Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2014 Jeep Wrangler Re Gearing Question. Sorry, Another One.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WarPig512
I'd consult a reputable shop on this. Personally I went 4.88 with 35's and extremely pleased. I'm also not 100% on this but unless you're running more than a Dana 30 (and I believe you are at 3.21) you can't go more than 4.10. I believe the carrier won't support it. In my opinion 4.56 is only going to leave you wanting more unless you drive in relatively flat area. Any introduction to grade running a 4.56/37" is going to result in frequent downshifting, which is hard on the tranny and not to mention noisy. It also makes your JK thirsty. It's hard for most people to wrap their minds around running a higher ratio and actually getting better mileage but it's true. Do yourself a favor and don't go less than 4.88. Truth be told 5.13 is the more common gear to run 37's with.
^^^ true on the 3.8 motor but not our 3.6s. Go with 4.56

Quick Reply: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Re Gearing Question. Sorry, Another One.