Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2014 Bestop Floor Mats

Old 10-23-2013, 08:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 Bestop Floor Mats

So the weather is starting to get worse here, and I figure I better put some floor mats in this thing since my drive way is comprised of dirt and rocks and just going from my front door to the jeep my boots are covered in mud. I am looking at just getting the Bestop set that has the fronts back and cargo area, but some companies that sell these custom fit floor mats say there are changes from 2013 to 2014 so they will not work. I have a 2014 JKU with the OEM sub enclosure in the rear. I am struggling to find a definitive answer about fitment issues, I wanted to see what other people out there are using in their 2014's before I called and ask one of the Vendors. Everytime call a vendor to ask questions money comes up missing from my bank account.

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2013, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2014 mats are different from the 2013s. 2014 added a different clip-in retention system from previous years.

Myself, I just got the Jeep slushmats from the dealer for $85 (total for front/rear set), which was better than anything else i saw. Weathertech mats look nice and deep but are a little pricey for me.

2014 JKU Sport
Old 10-23-2013, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yea, I have the Weathertechs in my Tacoma. I loved them until they were supposed to do their job. Now they have lost their form, they are stained brown and faded like crazy..Its been 2 years but they look like crap for what I paid.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:27 AM
JK Newbie

Oh man, that's too bad. My slush mats are great so far, the sides are high enough for most snow/mud but we'll see how they hold in the melted snow later on this winter.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 3volution05
Yea, I have the Weathertechs in my Tacoma. I loved them until they were supposed to do their job. Now they have lost their form, they are stained brown and faded like crazy..Its been 2 years but they look like crap for what I paid.
Aren't WeatherTecs Life-Time Warranty? Send those things back.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK703
Aren't WeatherTecs Life-Time Warranty? Send those things back.

WeatherTech® FloorLiner™ is guaranteed against faulty materials and workmanship for a period of three years from the date of purchase. Exclusions to this warranty are wear due to severe abrasive conditions and chemical contamination, such as spilled gasoline, bleach, etc.

So they wear really quickly in my opinion, that's why I am leaning towards the Bestop, just wanted to get some opinions on them. Also, I have spilled a beer or two on my Weathertech's I was not driving at the time. I guess that could count as a chemical contamination
Old 10-25-2013, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sirb
The 2014 mats are different from the 2013s. 2014 added a different clip-in retention system from previous years.

Myself, I just got the Jeep slushmats from the dealer for $85 (total for front/rear set), which was better than anything else i saw. Weathertech mats look nice and deep but are a little pricey for me.

2014 JKU Sport
Agreed on the slush mats a really nice buy.......I contacted weathertech and they are at least 10 weeks out from production...or less. They are always behind when new models are introduced. I think they like customers waiting in line for product.

I punted on the weathertechs after the parts dept where I bought my Jeep showed me the new "slush mats" I scooped up a set for the front and rear for $72.00 out the door, they cut me a decent break on accessories since I bought my Jeep there.

I won't be ordering the weathertechs after seeing the "Jeep slush mats"...don't need'em now. The new "slush mats" button down nice and tightly into the floor.
Very well designed worth a look IMHO for sure.

Last edited by BILLET SILVER; 10-25-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Quick Reply: 2014 Bestop Floor Mats