Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2013 Sahara Soft Top Rattle 4 Door

Old 02-05-2013, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Sahara Soft Top Rattle 4 Door

I have a 2013 Sahara 4 door. The rattle is coming from where the latch is on the sunrider soft top by the roll bar. When I grab the middle bar on the soft top and pull down or push up the rattle stops. I'm trying to see if anyone on here knows how to solve the problem. It's the latch where you disconnect the sunrider top to put down the whole top. Can someone help.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Newbie

That sucks! Just curious if you have the premium soft top? I haven't had my soft top on yet and hope I don't have this problem when I put it on in the summer.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Yes. I do have the premium top. I got everything that I could possibly get as an option except for the hard top.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Exact same issue with my 2013 JKUR. Dealer can not duplicate! Let me know if you resolve, I will do the same.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:31 PM
JK Newbie

Same issue with my 13 JKUR. I can't seem to figure it out. Lemme know if you do.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also having the same issue - I can see where the metal is "tapping" and creating the rattle, but I haven't looked close enough to figure out why yet. Anyone else have the same issue or take this to the dealer for a warranty fix?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had this once... But it was caused my me not getting the middle latch (where the sun-rider pivots) aligned correctly. My top wants to go up crooked when putting it up from being all the way back. This causes a high probability for the mid latch to not align correctly. I have gotten into a habit of feeling to make sure (or climbing up to visually check) that the mid latch is riding on the alignment groove. It is possible (and very easy) for it to fall off the side. It will still latch so there is no positive feedback that it's wrong until you here the rattle.

I don't know if this is what all of you are having, but it is what fixed mine. I have never had a noise when it was in the right place. (I have a 13' premium too)
Old 06-19-2013, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jnabird333
I have had this once... But it was caused my me not getting the middle latch (where the sun-rider pivots) aligned correctly. My top wants to go up crooked when putting it up from being all the way back. This causes a high probability for the mid latch to not align correctly. I have gotten into a habit of feeling to make sure (or climbing up to visually check) that the mid latch is riding on the alignment groove. It is possible (and very easy) for it to fall off the side. It will still latch so there is no positive feedback that it's wrong until you here the rattle.

I don't know if this is what all of you are having, but it is what fixed mine. I have never had a noise when it was in the right place. (I have a 13' premium too)
Thanks for the input - I haven't had the chance to take the top back down and try adjusting it (lots of rain, and then I was out of town) - but I'm i'll take a look at that tonight and see if it fixes the issue.

I'll give some feedback either way.

Quick Reply: 2013 Sahara Soft Top Rattle 4 Door