Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2013 JKUR Auto transmission

Old 03-26-2013, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A little livid, dealer can't duplicate nor can they find any codes. When in 4 low and off road the transmission will not find reverse. (have to hunt,neutral, Park, drive, reverse to get it engaged ) Has anyone had this issue with their rig. If so, please respond so I can email my service writer.
2100 miles, 3.5 budget lift running 35s. Happened both at an incline sand and Snow.
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:12 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

have you sat in the jeep while at the dealers to see what they are doing differently? should be pretty easy to see what they are doing if they can't duplicate the issue.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

I know on mine, I have to make very sure 4lo is engaged all the way, or it will pop out, or not move at all, (the Jeep won't move).

You can check this the next time it happens.
When you can't get it to reverse, put the transmission in neutral and pull back on the t-case lever to hold it in 4lo. Now see if you get reverse.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
have you sat in the jeep while at the dealers to see what they are doing differently? should be pretty easy to see what they are doing if they can't duplicate the issue.
The only time it has done it is while at the dunes or up a snow covered incline. I dropped it at the dealer before I left on vacation. Will take the technician on a drive, (I will drive the hell out of it) to see if I can duplicate.
Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: 2013 JKUR Auto transmission