Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2013 Jeep JK Mods

Old 08-26-2014, 09:21 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha! That was funny.

Originally Posted by Chronotripper
Can you call Fiat along with them? Tell them how to fix the Wrangler the right way so we dont end up with IFS and other stupid changes to the Wrangler. Haha
Old 08-27-2014, 06:45 AM
RBO
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynomax
If you wouldn't mind could you call Tech and let them know this. Stuff like this I like to get into our call reports. Their number is 734-384-7806.
Much appreciated.
I called and apparently the clamp issue has been fixed. I suggested the exhaust exits to the rear of the rear tires so Jeepers have more clearance at the bumper. I also brought up how one exhaust tip is approximately 1/4 lower than the other. I agree that it could be a hangar issue among other factors, not a big deal to me. When he offered to replace the Dynomax Exhaust, I was shocked. A lot of companies would have blamed it on the installation factors. Great job! I give

-Brent
Old 08-27-2014, 06:48 AM
RBO
JK Newbie

I agree, Wranglers must not go to IFS. According to a four wheel drive magazine (I forgot which one, my apologies), it is just a rumor however, I do agree that if they are thinking about going to IFS, they must be drinking cool aid and I want some...

Last edited by RBO; 08-28-2014 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:10 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks! We are serious about our guarantee/warranty. I was told by my Sales Manager that they made one side a little lower to help get condensation out. Much appreciated on the call too.

Originally Posted by RBO
I called and apparently the clamp issue has been fixed. I suggested the exhaust exits to the rear of the rear tires so Jeepers have more clearance at the bumper. I also brought up how one exhaust tip is approximately 1/4 lower than the other. I agree that it could be a hangar issue among other factors, not a big deal to me. When he offered to replace the Dynomax Exhaust, I was shocked. A lot of companies would have blamed it on the installation factors. Great job! I give

-Brent
Old 08-28-2014, 04:49 AM
RBO
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 951Rubi
If IFS comes along, there will be many SA swaps happening.
Supposedly, the IFS is just a bad rumor according to a website in which I cannot name because I don't remember.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

How does the new intake/exhaust combo sound now comparing to stock?
Old 08-29-2014, 06:24 AM
RBO
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Alboizms
How does the new intake/exhaust combo sound now comparing to stock?
It is a deeper tone but not overwhelming and sounds a lot better than I expected. Everyone that has heard it, said it sounded good.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Is your jeep auto or manual??
Old 08-30-2014, 05:24 AM
RBO
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rticul8
Is your jeep auto or manual??
Manual, its a lot easier getting better gas mileage than an auto. I press the clutch down to coast down hills and when i know I coming to a stop. This helps but a lot of the credit goes to the intake, throttle body spacer and exhaust that I upgraded from stock. When it was stock, I just barely achieved 21 mpg and now, it is much easier to get better mpg.

I don't recommend placing an auto in neutral to coast down hills as it is hard on the transmission, from what I have been taught.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:29 PM
RBO
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0001.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	575419Click image for larger version

Name:	NCM_0001.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	575419

Here's a pic of the mpg I got driving home tonight.

Quick Reply: 2013 Jeep JK Mods