Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 Power steering pump, chink in the armor??

Old 11-03-2013, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Power steering pump, chink in the armor??

So, got into some soft mud today and found myself in a bit of a pickle. Locked the diffs in and proceeded to get myself unstuck. Did I rev the motor? Yep. Did I turn the wheel back and forth? Yep. Did I do both together while rocking back and forth in my dilly? Duh, hell ya. Did I get un the F stuck. Yes I did, I presume at the cost of my power steering pump?! Double wtf!! Numerous trucks and ZJ's before my beloved Pumpkin have put up with this kind of abuse. Only answer I found was possible damage to ps pump veins. Triple WTF!!!!! Rant over, for now lol.

Will check fluid tomorrow, no leaks present and power assist works a little better with some low revs.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I've been there. I am on my third PS pump. They are designed for minivans, not offroading, simple as that.

Quick Reply: 2012 Power steering pump, chink in the armor??