Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 MW3 Lift Help?

Old 03-20-2012, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 MW3 Lift Help?

I just traded my 08 two door X on a 12 four door MW3 and want to lift it. I used the 2.5" Teraflex on my X and loved the height. Is there anything available that will let me lift it without using a new drive shaft or moving the muffler?

I'm still new to all this and am not comfortable enough to try replacing driveshafts and moving pipes. My cousin helped me install the 2.5TF on a saturday afternoon. He grew up in the town where 4WD Hardware is located and has done several older models. I live about 15 minutes from there so getting the parts is simple.

Anyone from 4WD Hardware willing to help me out??
Old 03-20-2012, 11:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Stick to 2.0 inch and you'll be fine without worrying about drive shafts. I installed two AEV 2.0 kits this year on 2012 and they are still working great.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

You'll be fine with a 2.5" lift as long as you dont add front discos and wheel the living piss out of it. Get the rancho pipe and put it in. dont be a sissy.

Wait...MW# has discos right....never mind...get a new front DS and wheel the piss out of it. Its a Jeep not a show car.

Last edited by rays0852; 03-20-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snopro269
Stick to 2.0 inch and you'll be fine without worrying about drive shafts. I installed two AEV 2.0 kits this year on 2012 and they are still working great.
Ok, thank you. Like i said, i went with the 2.5" and was happy with the height. I'm sure 2" won't be that much different. I'm just nervous about having to replace all kinds of parts on something brand new.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by brutusroof

Ok, thank you. Like i said, i went with the 2.5" and was happy with the height. I'm sure 2" won't be that much different. I'm just nervous about having to replace all kinds of parts on something brand new.
We were able to put on 35x 12.5x17 MTRs Kevlars on stock rims and wheel spacers. We had to trim the front airdam abit and cut his pinch seams. So if you wanted to go smaller tires I'm sure it will be fine.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rays0852
dont be a sissy.

Its a Jeep not a show car.
Good point, as long as someone shows me how to do the install. The instructions on the TeraFlex sucked!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Good point, as long as someone shows me how to do the install. The instructions on the TeraFlex sucked!
They all have their challenges of install. If you wanted an easy "lift" and not worry about changing suspension id say go body lift for now. 1.25"
Old 03-20-2012, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

We were able to put on 35x 12.5x17 MTRs Kevlars on stock rims and wheel spacers. We had to trim the front airdam abit and cut his pinch seams. So if you wanted to go smaller tires I'm sure it will be fine.
It came with 32's so i'll prob stick with those until they're bald. My 08 came with brand new black American Racing 15" rims and General Grabber tires that i replaced with 35" Cooper Discoverers and new rims the week after i got it. I still have the Grabbers n rims sitting in my garage collecting dust. I don't need another set sitting next to them. I like the look of the rims on the MW3 but i wish it would've come with 35's. I was planning on putting the original rims and Grabbers back on the 08 before i traded it in but the dealer gave me a good deal if i agreed to leave the 35's on it.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

They all have their challenges of install. If you wanted an easy "lift" and not worry about changing suspension id say go body lift for now. 1.25"
I appreciate all the help. I don't mind doing the lift and suspension stuff. I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but i figure if i can handle the 08 lift, i should be able to figure out the new one. I was just hesitant about changing driveshafts and moving exhaust piping. Thats a little outta my realm. I can probably recruit some old friends to help me out. Thanks again for the advice.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

I appreciate all the help. I don't mind doing the lift and suspension stuff. I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but i figure if i can handle the 08 lift, i should be able to figure out the new one. I was just hesitant about changing driveshafts and moving exhaust piping. Thats a little outta my realm. I can probably recruit some old friends to help me out. Thanks again for the advice.
Yeah we skipped the exhaust MOD on the AEV kit, but if you get time and watch the TeraFlex video on install its pretty easy

Quick Reply: 2012 MW3 Lift Help?