Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 mbrp offroad exhaust with flowmaster hushpower

Old 09-16-2012, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 mbrp offroad exhaust with flowmaster hushpower

I had a mbrp ss offroad exhaust install the one with the muffler under the drivers seat really dont like how it sounds at all sounds like a honda civic with an exhaust . I heard that you can add a flowmaster hushpower muffler to it to mellow the sound and get rid of the droan anyone know what hushpower (what size. model) i can use and does it work thanks . and where do you add it to the offroad exhaust
Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 AM
JK Freak

I had a guy private message me about this the other day. He asked the exact same question. I will see if I can track down the message.

I have a MBRP exhaust with the Hush Power Resonator but I do not have the MBRP Offroad version so that changes things.

When I recieved my MBRP exhaust there was a pipe that was 18" long that came with the system. All we did was not install that pipe and installed the hush power in its place. Used band clamps. The hush power is 18" from end to end. At least the one I bought. I believe it was called the hush power II by Flowmaster. Did your MBRP come with a 18" long pipe as part of the system?

I drive my 07 but I have a 2012. I have not compared the exhaust yet or followed its routing. On my 07 the hush power fit perfectly next to the evap canister. My 07 is a two door, what is your 2012? If it is a JKU I would think it would be easy to find a spot to add the hush power.

The hush power will reduce the drone.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

I found his message and just asked him if he ever got that hush power installed. If he replies I will send you the info.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I added an 18 (maybe12) in glass pack to mbrp - just right to reduce drone.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the responce theres a long piece of exhaust after the mbrp muffler but it runs right next to the evap does the hushpower have to be mounted befor the mbrp muffler? mine is a a jku
Old 09-20-2012, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

went to the exhaust shop today he added a dynomax muffler pushed the mbrp to the back it mellowed it out no more honda civic sound has a nice rumble but no droan
Old 09-20-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by awwmann
went to the exhaust shop today he added a dynomax muffler pushed the mbrp to the back it mellowed it out no more honda civic sound has a nice rumble but no droan
Glad it worked out for you.

Quick Reply: 2012 mbrp offroad exhaust with flowmaster hushpower