Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 JKU p0304 code, warranty question

Old 08-04-2013, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 JKU p0304 code, warranty question

My 2012 has about 27,500 miles on it and over the last couple month I have had a sporadic check engine light. It would come on and go off on its own, I never reset it. It would do this a couple times here and there and maybe not for weeks then again. So I got my oil changed last week and now it's on and solid. I reset it myself to see if it would come on and it did. Stopped at auto parts store and they are showing me P0304... I know the motors have issues and should be fixed under warranty. My concern is how much am I going to have issues with the service manager since my jeep is modified suspension wise. Power train is totally stock. Just has 3" lift, 35's, bumpers and a set of auxiliary lights. I don't think anyone I right mind would argue with me that the lift would have caused this or oversized tires. What's a few thoughts on this? I was going to call tomorrow and ask and see what they say but doubt ill get anything answered over the phone. I see no performance loss, mpg loss or anything so not sure what actually is going on here. Just don't want my motors warranty voided.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jsciaretta
My 2012 has about 27,500 miles on it and over the last couple month I have had a sporadic check engine light. It would come on and go off on its own, I never reset it. It would do this a couple times here and there and maybe not for weeks then again. So I got my oil changed last week and now it's on and solid. I reset it myself to see if it would come on and it did. Stopped at auto parts store and they are showing me P0304... I know the motors have issues and should be fixed under warranty. My concern is how much am I going to have issues with the service manager since my jeep is modified suspension wise. Power train is totally stock. Just has 3" lift, 35's, bumpers and a set of auxiliary lights. I don't think anyone I right mind would argue with me that the lift would have caused this or oversized tires. What's a few thoughts on this? I was going to call tomorrow and ask and see what they say but doubt ill get anything answered over the phone. I see no performance loss, mpg loss or anything so not sure what actually is going on here. Just don't want my motors warranty voided.

i just had the p0302 code on my 2012. cylinder 2 was 20 lbs less compression than the others. 35% leakage thru exhaust valves on leak down test. they replaced the driver side cylinder head last week. you should have no issue with engine warranty, my jeep has full 4 in lift yada yada, never even was a question about warranty denial. jeep knows this issue, they know about the head issue, just take it in and get it fixed
Old 08-05-2013, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had mine done last month at about 20k miles for a p0306. No issues with warranty not covering it.

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU p0304 code, warranty question