Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 JKU Lift Questions - Newbie here!

Old 07-03-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mikemack98 if you would like I started a thread about the curious question for a new drive shaft, I believe it's best that you switch out for a new drift shaft I know I'm putting a Teraflex 3' and 35's. If you want to get some more info like I said I have a thread I started about the drive shaft.

Welcome to the forum!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikemack98
Called the dealer and they verified I have the stock 3.21 gears. Looks like a regear will need to be done if I am going to go with 34" or 35" tires.
Since you have a 2012, a lot of the older information of 35"s on 3.21 gears may not translate. Some have put 35's on 3.21 without an issue on 2012's for daily driving and overlanding, not rock crawling. Just food for thought.

FYI, as for regearing, moving up FROM the 3.21 to higher gear ratio will cost you more because the carrier for the 3.21 is different than the carrier for 3.73 and higher gear ratios. Remember to factor that into your costs.

I'm new to the modding part of this too. I had a 2009 for 3 years before I traded it in and could start to afford to make bigger modifications outside of the radio and small do it yourself projects. I learned a lot from these forums and talking to a lot of shops. Just make sure you go prepared with a list of questions, and you will soon be able to tell which shops are truly knowledgeable and those that are not.

Good luck. I've got 3.73 gears and considering the same lift and tire specifications as you are.

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU Lift Questions - Newbie here!