Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 JKU Exhaust Resonator Skid??

Old 04-09-2012, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrJones944
I ditched the exhaust and resonator and put a pre-axle dump muffler in where the resonator is (a bit higher though). Doesnt even need a skid now and nothing to crush out back. Heres a video if youre interested in doing something similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_c5qnyyme0
Nice video. My aFe exhaust sounded similar to yours before I installed the hushpower 2. With the hushpower 2 added, it is a lot quieter. I really like the sound of the aFe exhaust and the sound of yours, but imagine the constant sound that is in your video when you are going from 60-80. Listening to that in short bursts is great, but listening to it for a few hours was more than I could take on long road trips. I had to do something to keep my sanity and my hearing.

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU Exhaust Resonator Skid??