Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 JKU auto is great but....

Old 01-16-2012, 01:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 JKU auto is great but....

What's with the shift points???

I've posted this before and seems to be the norm.

Run it up to 3k in first, goes into 2nd for about 200 rpms then shifts to 3rd (RPMs to low and feels like it spits and sputters/reduced power) and continues to do the same till ur in 5th gear doing like, 40mph if ur not mashing on the gas sucking more of it.

This jesus engine and tranny needs to run up to the same rpm based on where the pedal is and doesn't need the change gears at ALL if it will send you below the powerband/efficiency point of HP/torque, like never below 1800 or 2K RPMs.

Can a jeep guru mechanic (not that I've found one) adjust this or will there ever be a tuner that can co-ordinate the pedal w/the tranny or adjust shift points or SOMETHING????

I *know* this is part of whats killing my MPG, I shift manually and the MPG seems to be considerably better but if I wanted a stick, Ida bought one.

The ETC adjustment shows to be available on some jeeps but I tried the instructions I read - pull over, turn off the key, turn on the key (don't start the engine), wait for ALL lights to go out including the ETC light, pedal to the metal and let it go, turn off the key. The faster or slower you move the pedal during the setup process, the more (or less) sensitive the ETC will react.

Didn't seem to do squat for me.

Also notice trying to keep it at 4K RPMs and it always wants to run up to 5500 RPMs

Ive also disconnected the battery to reset the adaptive driving memory with little success.

Rather irritating now that I'm getting used to the vehicle.

Last edited by 03fatboy; 01-16-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:59 AM
JK Super Freak

To this point, no one has a tuner for the 11-12 JKs.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it must be a chrysler thing. I have an SRT 8 Challenger also. Feels like it does the same thing. It has a flat spot and seems real sluggish. Not as bad sinch it has almost twice the horsepower. I'm just use to tapping it down if I want to take off.

Last edited by jkjacksonjack; 01-16-2012 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkjacksonjack
I think it must be a chrysler thing. I have an SRT 8 Challenger also. Feels like it does the same thing. It has a flat spot and seems real sluggish. Not as bad sinch it has almost twice the horsepower. I'm just use to tapping it down if I want to take off.
Someone must know the fix!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would contact Diablo Sport and get them interested in developing a tune with the NAG1 trans... they've been doing it with the 6.1 for about 3 years on the Jeep SRT8.

Tell them if they build it we will come...

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU auto is great but....