Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 JKU AEV Procal Help

Old 02-19-2013, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's the point. Sears doesn't make a wrench that only fits your Jeep.. No your buddy can borrow it and use it on their Jeep. What's the difference one is a hard tool one is an electronic.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sears doesn't make $150 wrenches that are based on a ton of R&D.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak

When there can be millions of lines of code in these electronic devices, you can't honestly compare this to a hammer or wrench. What seems simple takes lots of brain time to accomplish.

Free energy only takes compressing two atoms together. ( the sun ) If its sounds simple, why can't we do it?
Old 02-19-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Junkie

The only thing they did was find a way to hack the ecu of the Jeep. By writing a program and engineering a circuit with dip switches to modify what Chrysler engineers developed. Probably took some hacker a few days to write and a person who designs circuits a few days to make the module. Believe me it's already paid for. They just want to charge people more money than what they should really charge.

I went to college to design circuits. We made them out of old bread boards from parts from RadioShack. It was fun I actually enjoyed lab days.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Then you know that once you hack a system and change things at root then there's a chance of bricking.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
The only thing they did was find a way to hack the ecu of the Jeep. By writing a program and engineering a circuit with dip switches to modify what Chrysler engineers developed. Probably took some hacker a few days to write and a person who designs circuits a few days to make the module. Believe me it's already paid for. They just want to charge people more money than what they should really charge.

I went to college to design circuits. We made them out of old bread boards from parts from RadioShack. It was fun I actually enjoyed lab days.
you should have no problem hacking the procal code so they don't lock to a VIN then. You can probably make a few bucks selling the secret to unlocking it. I personally do not have a problem with this type of equipment locking to a particular vehicle. I know it took a hacker a lot longe then a few days. look at diablo and superchips etc worked on it for a couple of years without success.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

You make it sound cheap and easy to build a programmer. AEV is in the Jeep business, not charity cases. All programmers VIN lock.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:40 AM
JK Junkie

The vin probably burns itself on to a CMOS chip when connected to the first Jeep it comes in contact with. Unless you change the chip there is probably not a way to erase the vin.

What if you have two JK's? Same specs running on 35's? AEV will make you buy it twice I think that's BS. even Microsoft gives you at least 2 computers to install their OS or MS office on per product key.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
The vin probably burns itself on to a CMOS chip when connected to the first Jeep it comes in contact with. Unless you change the chip there is probably not a way to erase the vin.

What if you have two JK's? Same specs running on 35's? AEV will make you buy it twice I think that's BS. even Microsoft gives you at least 2 computers to install their OS or MS office on per product key.
You may want to rethink that. MS changed licensing to one computer for life on install.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a thought. Why don't just one of your friends in your town or city buy a Jeep and then you all take turns to drive it like the Sears tool you was talking about.

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU AEV Procal Help