Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 JK Rubicon rear passenger squeak

Old 05-05-2014, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 JK Rubicon rear passenger squeak

So did a thread search on this already and have a few areas to check (break lines, springs and muffler shielding) but though I'd still post to see if anyone else has any ideas. I had a 2.5" RK Flex installed about 10k ago with Bilstein 5100s. Running 35's with 4.5" backspace. Squeak is very high pitch coming from rear passenger side while driving (accelarate/decelarate makes no difference; braking makes no difference). Occurs over small bumps and imperfections in road vice large bumps. I haven't done any real crawling since the install due to work.

I crawled under and was able to press up on the frame and trailer hitch to recreate the sound. I don't think it's the shock but definitely up high near the tub somewhere. Any ideas would be appreciated, driving me up the f'ing wall! Still searching....
Old 05-05-2014, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

I have EXACTLY the same symptoms!! Does the squeak go away when the under side of your Jeep gets wet? Mine does, but then comes back after it drys out. I can also recreate the sound by torquing on the lug nuts of the rear right tire with the lug wrench. Don't even have to torque hard, so I thought it might be an issue somewhere along the axel. Still haven't found the culprit though...
Old 05-05-2014, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Hasn't rained since it started. I sprayed silicone lube on rear control arms, track bar and sway bar joint. Then checked break line clearance on rear passenger side, which was rubbing, so I bent it slightly to prevent rub. Squeaking stopped...at least for now. I think it was one of the control arm joints but could never really pinpoint where it was coming from.

Quick Reply: 2012 JK Rubicon rear passenger squeak