Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 jk lift

Old 11-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gotmud2012jk
So in a Few days I pickup my 2012 unlimited and I'm already starting to build it in my head. But what I don't know is should. I Go with a BB or a spring lift kit . It will be my DD and weekkend wheeler....not a rock crawler but some mild trails ....fire roads.... and ill be running 35s............. so what do you think? Thanks in advance.
Are you from Youngstown Ohio?

Take a look at our 3" Premium plus kit, You need to replace the front driveline above 2" of lift.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Newbie

Default Teraflex 2 1/2

I put the Teraflex 2 1/2" coils and shocks on my Wrangler.....ride is not factory, but it is ok.....afterall, it is a Jeep. Did it myself, without a lift and pretty much by myself.....took about 10 hours of my time, but I saved a chunk of money to be spent elsewhere on the toy!!!! Any mechanical skills at all and a place to do it, it is worth your time to do it.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MossGaBoss
I put the Teraflex 2 1/2" coils and shocks on my Wrangler.....ride is not factory, but it is ok.....afterall, it is a Jeep. Did it myself, without a lift and pretty much by myself.....took about 10 hours of my time, but I saved a chunk of money to be spent elsewhere on the toy!!!! Any mechanical skills at all and a place to do it, it is worth your time to do it.
I am running the same on my 2010 with 295/70/18 nitto trail grapplers. Works great and just enough lift to make a difference
Old 11-19-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Default full traction

Yes I live in youngstown, ohio.....
Old 11-20-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2 Door with a 3" Zone lift. This is my DD and drives great better than stock in my opinion. The cost is low and I run 34" tires with no issues. I think a small spring lift will last longer than a BB will. Don't quote me on this but I think the spacers will break down long before the springs will. also Teraflex has a nice 2.5" spring lift that will not break the bank.

Quick Reply: 2012 jk lift