Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 Jk Exhaust Spacer

Old 06-14-2014, 03:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Jk Exhaust Spacer

I have a 2012 automatic and I want to put a 3 inch lift on it do I need to get an exhaust spacer for it?
Old 06-14-2014, 04:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FloridaJK94
I have a 2012 automatic and I want to put a 3 inch lift on it do I need to get an exhaust spacer for it?
Exhaust spacers or a new drive shaft if you plan on wheeling it. The issue is the drive shaft making contact as the front axle droops. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but you could probably leave the stock one if it's only going to see the street.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:02 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JE8154
Exhaust spacers or a new drive shaft if you plan on wheeling it. The issue is the drive shaft making contact as the front axle droops. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but you could probably leave the stock one if it's only going to see the street.
Its gonna be a DD and some light wheeling on the weekends
Old 06-14-2014, 08:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JE8154
^This. If by light wheeling you mean access roads and such, you will probably be okay as it only happens during drooping. The problem with the spacers is they push the y-pipe down as well as back so can create an additional place to make contact on the bottom by using them. I brought mine to a muffler shop and for $100, he is going to modify the y-pipe to push the crossover pipe back by the crossmember, by adding two approximately 2" extensions on each side and removing 2" at the rear of the y-pipe. This will not lower the pipes at all. And is a more permanent solution than spacers. I am going to also add a 1310 drive shaft so I should be good, considering how much MetalCloak lifts can droop. aFe also makes a replacement y-pipe that pushes the crossover behind the crossmember, but it puts the pipe a little closer to the transmission than I am comfortable with.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport

^This. If by light wheeling you mean access roads and such, you will probably be okay as it only happens during drooping. The problem with the spacers is they push the y-pipe down as well as back so can create an additional place to make contact on the bottom by using them. I brought mine to a muffler shop and for $100, he is going to modify the y-pipe to push the crossover pipe back by the crossmember, by adding two approximately 2" extensions on each side and removing 2" at the rear of the y-pipe. This will not lower the pipes at all. And is a more permanent solution than spacers. I am going to also add a 1310 drive shaft so I should be good, considering how much MetalCloak lifts can droop. aFe also makes a replacement y-pipe that pushes the crossover behind the crossmember, but it puts the pipe a little closer to the transmission than I am comfortable with.
Yea its gonna mostly for just light mudding on weekends not to much hardcore stuff or rockcrawling or anything

Quick Reply: 2012 Jk Exhaust Spacer