Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 JK Aussie Locker

Old 10-14-2016, 02:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had one in the front of my tj. Took it out after the first winter. Don't know about others but I could sure feel it even in 2wd. Especially on icy roads. If you want something in the front go with an air or elec locker or at least opt for a limited slip.

Last edited by lloydsmale; 10-14-2016 at 02:22 AM.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I ran the Aussie in my D30 and had it installed when I did my gears. I would like to recommend that when you do keep your drive shaft stock along with axle shafts stock. This will keep your weakest link there and not your ring and pinion.

During EJS 2016 I went everywhere the big boys went and even took some lines that they did not. I did have one issue which was going to happen eventually, I blew both front axle u-joints on Rose Garden Hill. I had a spare set with me so it was not a deal breaker for me just made coming off the hill a little challenging.

As for on road performance as long as you do not turn to sharp you should not have a problem. As for the clicking and popping, yeah it is an annoyance but the return is great. Crawling up ledges is a lot of fun.

R/
Will
Old 10-14-2016, 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Canvas
I ran the Aussie in my D30 and had it installed when I did my gears. I would like to recommend that when you do keep your drive shaft stock along with axle shafts stock. This will keep your weakest link there and not your ring and pinion. During EJS 2016 I went everywhere the big boys went and even took some lines that they did not. I did have one issue which was going to happen eventually, I blew both front axle u-joints on Rose Garden Hill. I had a spare set with me so it was not a deal breaker for me just made coming off the hill a little challenging. As for on road performance as long as you do not turn to sharp you should not have a problem. As for the clicking and popping, yeah it is an annoyance but the return is great. Crawling up ledges is a lot of fun. R/ Will
Wanna bet?
There's another ring gear around here somewhere like this, too...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-72930786.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	685.9 KB
ID:	658878  
Old 10-14-2016, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, that's pretty bad.
Did the Aussie locker cause that?

2015 Hydro Blue JKU
Old 10-14-2016, 02:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Had one in rear of my 95' Bronco. Took it out, to much popping and binding! Get Detroit TruTrac's front and rear, the best! No switches, lines, etc. just work!!!

Quick Reply: 2012 JK Aussie Locker