Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 jk 6" rough country lift

Old 10-16-2012, 02:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by esbyrd
lol nice. What did u get it for
not important!! Hhaha
Old 10-16-2012, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice Jk, I like the color!! Welcome to the forum, plenty of info and helpful people here, it is a steep learning curve but before you know it you will know that JK inside and out. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we were all noobs once!!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
Nice Jk, I like the color!! Welcome to the forum, plenty of info and helpful people here, it is a steep learning curve but before you know it you will know that JK inside and out. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we were all noobs once!!
Thank you! I never imagined owning a jeep let alone owning a orange one at that!!! lol
Old 10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bombout800

not important!! Hhaha
Lol I hear ya. I was just curious what they was asking for it cuz there is one in Pascagoula at crown Dodge that is way over priced in my opinion. They r asking 43k for it
Old 10-16-2012, 08:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by EsByrd
Lol I hear ya. I was just curious what they was asking for it cuz there is one in Pascagoula at crown Dodge that is way over priced in my opinion. They r asking 43k for it
Thats wayyy over priced! There is a dealership that sells lifted jku's online (texas) and they go for less than that new.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

The jeep looks grea man! As far as it being level it's hard to tell from that shot you posted, but don't let the different shaped fenders fool ya. Park it on level groudn a put a line level in the door jam. As for amount of lift it looks like 4"s with high clearance fenders. If you'll pm me the shock number off the front or rear I can get you a for sure answer. The number is scribed into the cylinder and will start with a 6. Sweet Ride!
Old 10-17-2012, 07:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rough_Country
The jeep looks grea man! As far as it being level it's hard to tell from that shot you posted, but don't let the different shaped fenders fool ya. Park it on level groudn a put a line level in the door jam. As for amount of lift it looks like 4"s with high clearance fenders. If you'll pm me the shock number off the front or rear I can get you a for sure answer. The number is scribed into the cylinder and will start with a 6. Sweet Ride!
Thanks man! Im really loving it. I appreciate the compliments. It makes me feel better about my purchases! haha MPG's not so good, but if you enjoy something you'll do what it takes. I do really think its a inch or so off in reality, but it looks great as it sits. It turns heads everywhere. Ill try and go out in a minute and get that part#. Actually, I just checked and I dont see one. THe guy had the shocks painted to match the color of the jeep. I cannot see anything thats scribed into them, but they look identical to the 2.2s.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Measure your control arms lengths. Center hole to center hole on your front lowers and uppers. Also if it is a 6" kit there is no way the stock driveshafts would have worked. You still have stocke drive shafts it's 99% a 4" kit.

Originally Posted by bombout800
Thanks man! Im really loving it. I appreciate the compliments. It makes me feel better about my purchases! haha MPG's not so good, but if you enjoy something you'll do what it takes. I do really think its a inch or so off in reality, but it looks great as it sits. It turns heads everywhere. Ill try and go out in a minute and get that part#. Actually, I just checked and I dont see one. THe guy had the shocks painted to match the color of the jeep. I cannot see anything thats scribed into them, but they look identical to the 2.2s.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rough_Country
Measure your control arms lengths. Center hole to center hole on your front lowers and uppers. Also if it is a 6" kit there is no way the stock driveshafts would have worked. You still have stocke drive shafts it's 99% a 4" kit.
roger that! I believe its the stock shaft. The front still had the little rubber boot where it attaches to the transfer case.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

That's funny. I run 35's and 3.5" of lift with stock fenders and it does fine. 6" and flat fenders is waaay to much lift for 35's and very uneccesary IMO
I run 3" Teraflex springs with longarms, 37" MT/R Kevlars, and flat flares and they still don't touch the flares at full stuff. And that's with stock bumpstops, no extensions.

Quick Reply: 2012 jk 6" rough country lift