Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 jk 6" rough country lift

Old 10-15-2012, 05:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 jk 6" rough country lift

I recently purchased a 2012 mango tango jku with a 6" rough country suspension. Ill start by saying im a virgin to the jeep community with not much knowledge of past of present jeeps. With the lift the front seems to sit down an inch or two. Im guessing factory sits the same way. Can a leveling kit be put on top of the lift without any issues or problems? Im worried about problems with any driveshaft angles, suspension angles or anything that could be damaged. Its fine the way it is, i just noticed that the front sits that much lower. Im open for opinions and or options.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

What other mods have been done? Bumpers, winch, tires, wheels, etc.... Any photos?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:39 PM
JK Super Freak

35 nitto mud grapplers, has a winch and front bumper, and some sort of gears. Both tags are gone from the diffs, but i havent had a chance to jack it up and rotate to see how many rotations. Ill see if i have any pics, i know for a fact I dont have one showing the different in height from the front to rear.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm. Just sounds odd to lift a jeep this high only to run 35s.. Are you sure it's a six? Did you buy it from the dealership this way? If so that most likely explains the 35s because this is generally a safe tire to run and they didn't want to make a ton of axle upgrades. Pics would be nice! and to answer your question if all the other components have been correctly modified to fifths lift you already have you should be ok putting a 1 or 2 inch coil spacer up front..
Old 10-15-2012, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

I just tried to upload from a friends mac and it keeps saying that the file is too large. I did just go out and measure from ground to fender flare both front and back. Both measure the same height, so i guess is an illusion.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

pm me an email and ill shoot a pic to you. You tell me if you think it could be 4, 4.5, or 6. Im interested now, but no it was bought as used. But only 6600 miles!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:09 PM
JK Super Freak

i also measured from fender flare to tire and it right at 11.5 inches between both flares to the tire.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 1978cj7jk2012
Hmm. Just sounds odd to lift a jeep this high only to run 35s.. Are you sure it's a six? Did you buy it from the dealership this way? If so that most likely explains the 35s because this is generally a safe tire to run and they didn't want to make a ton of axle upgrades. Pics would be nice! and to answer your question if all the other components have been correctly modified to fifths lift you already have you should be ok putting a 1 or 2 inch coil spacer up front..
I have 6 inches of lift and 35's, I put those high clearance xenon fenders on, and when I'm out on the trails I see those fenders bending as my tires are about to rip them off when I'm all flexed out. Its not even a nice lift and I've got enough articulation to know that 35's are are my limit as well with 6 inches of lift.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Creepwithjeep
I have 6 inches of lift and 35's, I put those high clearance xenon fenders on, and when I'm out on the trails I see those fenders bending as my tires are about to rip them off when I'm all flexed out. Its not even a nice lift and I've got enough articulation to know that 35's are are my limit as well with 6 inches of lift.
When you wheel do you disconnect the sway bar disconnects? This would allow it to flex as much as possible correct?
Old 10-15-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Creepwithjeep

Easy! I was by no means bashing or saying anything against these systems. That's great that you get such good performance. Most people just throw on a lift kit and expect it to be like Evo jeeps or WOL rigs. Although if you wanted to go with bigger tires bump stops might need to be in your future. Oh and to help the OP maybe you should post some pics of your jeep..

Quick Reply: 2012 jk 6" rough country lift