Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 JK 3rd row

Old 02-20-2015, 08:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 JK 3rd row

I was wondering if anyone knew if these seats here would work for a 3rd row
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00189...estop+trailmax
Old 02-20-2015, 10:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the forums!

That's the one I have in my '13 JKU. It does fit as far as measurements, but there is very little legroom. I have to caution you though on a few things.

1 - The storage area cover interferes with mounting the rear latch.
2 - You do have to drill into the floor for the front brackets.
3 - Depending on what seatbelts you decide on, you will have to drill into the floor for that too. If you mount to the seat and cannot attach the rear latch to a homemade plate over the storage area, the seat would tumble forward during quick stops or a collision. These are the belts I went with Robot Check .

I will be making or modifying the way it mounts to the floor when my new torch and welder arrive so I can finally get the rear latch installed and feel better about how strong it is.

I am also ordering the Rock Hard 3rd Row accessory bar to add to the stock cage soon for a piece of mind. Rock Hard 4x4 3RD Row / Accessory Mount Sport Cage for Jeep Wrangler JK 4DR 2007 - 2015

I hope I didn't burst your bubble. Just giving it to you based on my experience in doing the same thing. BTW, where are you located? I'm in the middle of nowhere West Texas. Just wondering in case you want/need some help with this.
Old 02-21-2015, 12:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler
Welcome to the forums! That's the one I have in my '13 JKU. It does fit as far as measurements, but there is very little legroom. I have to caution you though on a few things. 1 - The storage area cover interferes with mounting the rear latch. 2 - You do have to drill into the floor for the front brackets. 3 - Depending on what seatbelts you decide on, you will have to drill into the floor for that too. If you mount to the seat and cannot attach the rear latch to a homemade plate over the storage area, the seat would tumble forward during quick stops or a collision. These are the belts I went with Robot Check . I will be making or modifying the way it mounts to the floor when my new torch and welder arrive so I can finally get the rear latch installed and feel better about how strong it is. I am also ordering the Rock Hard 3rd Row accessory bar to add to the stock cage soon for a piece of mind. Rock Hard 4x4 3RD Row / Accessory Mount Sport Cage for Jeep Wrangler JK 4DR 2007 - 2015 I hope I didn't burst your bubble. Just giving it to you based on my experience in doing the same thing. BTW, where are you located? I'm in the middle of nowhere West Texas. Just wondering in case you want/need some help with this.
great information, thanks. I've been debating this as well. Thanks for the first hand insight! I was also thinking about a 3rd row facing backwards. Any thoughts?
Old 02-21-2015, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

I'm in Washington state I may go by the local 4wheel parts and see what they have in stock to do some comparisons
Old 02-21-2015, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...0/topics/70321
Old 02-21-2015, 08:22 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Littleseats.com and Teraflex make great 3rd row upgrade options and when you select what you feel most comfortable installing, take a look at our 3rd row cage:

Rock Hard 4x4 3RD Row / Accessory Mount Sport Cage for Jeep Wrangler JK 4DR 2007 - 2015
Old 02-21-2015, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mccormickhome
I was wondering if anyone knew if these seats here would work for a 3rd row http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00189...estop+trailmax
Should work for a family of hobbits
Old 02-21-2015, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, those seat brackets are nice...if you can get your hands on a 2dr rear seat from a JK.

Quick Reply: 2012 JK 3rd row