Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 JK 2dr Auto-Loud "Clank" after shifting and accelerating from stand still?!?

Old 09-01-2012, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 JK 2dr Auto-Loud "Clank" after shifting and accelerating from stand still?!?

Hello all!

OK, just as the post states:

When putting Jeep in D or R from a dead stop and accelerating, I get a loud CLANK, CLUNK!?!

-Retourqed LCA's
-Tightened sway links
-Tightened shock mounts
-Nothing touching metal (IE...trackbar hitting spring)

The only thing I haven't been able to do is re-seat the rear coils into the rubber isolaters in the rear. They are sitting cockeyed..."RC didn't design these very well as I've had to center twice already" THIS IS A 2.5 SPACER LIFT

Surely my drive shaft wouldn't be petering out with 3k on this lift?!?

I'm almost POSITIVE it is coming from the driveline.

Please help...making me BONKERS!!!!

2012 Jeep JK 2 Door Sport
2.5 RC Spacer Lift
285-70-17 Kelly Safari TSR, AEV Servarge

Last edited by khill; 09-13-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: FIXED
Old 09-01-2012, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get underneath and check play in the u-joints, but I seem to remember hearing that 2012's had drive shaft issues with any lift at all?
Old 09-01-2012, 08:50 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 2.5" RC coil spring replacement lift kit on my 2012 and no problems so far 1,200 miles.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD.....FIXED "FOR NOW"!!!!!

The "CLANK" when reversing and taking off seems to have been the rear coils becoming "unseated" on the rubber isolaters up top. I hate this design of a metal spacer where you have to place the stock isolater below it. It just doesn'tseem to fit very well?!?

Oh well, for 200.00 clams it got my Jeep in the air until I can buy my AEV 2.5 kit!

Quick Reply: 2012 JK 2dr Auto-Loud "Clank" after shifting and accelerating from stand still?!?