Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 Front Hitch receiver?

Old 07-19-2012, 01:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Front Hitch receiver?

A buddy of mine has a 2012 and was wondering if there was any reason this wouldn't fit on his JK. It says 07-11 but will it work on a 12 too?

65055 - Hidden Hitch Front End Receiver for 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec
Old 07-19-2012, 02:36 AM
JK Freak

there are some subtile changes to the '12 frame extension (behind the bumper) on the '12 - he'll find that he may need TRIM some "over hang" and metal around the frame extensions - not a big deal (easily done w/ a sawsall).

the worst part and biggest change on the 2012 wi the presence of a 12v Brake Booster pump that is mounted on the drivers side frame extension behind the bumper.
the pump is mounted on a bracket that is welded to the frame/bumper mount....the booster pump may have to be removed and the bracket may need to be CUT OFF (sawsall)
in order to get the hitch around the frame....once thats done you can bold the pump & bracket back.

I had to do this myself to get my dinghy base plates bolted on (my base plates were for a 08-11)

its also very likely that some hole will need to be drilled or enlarged in order to get all the mounting bolts thru the frame - this is a common practice on all years.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome thank you!!
Old 07-20-2012, 03:06 PM
JK Junkie

Bushpilot is right. I installed a Smittybuilt winch plate on my 2012 and had to remove that bracket. This front hitch mount looks like it bolts up to the same holes. If your friend decides to do it, have him look at the or fab relocation bracket. It's real sweet and moves the canister up under the hood to the upper driver side of the fender well & keeps it out of harms way. Pretty simple to install.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Freak

i just drilled a new hole in the old bracket and used one of the supplied bolts and bolted right back where it was when i was done w/ the base plates.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:35 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bushpilot
i just drilled a new hole in the old bracket and used one of the supplied bolts and bolted right back where it was when i was done w/ the base plates.
I don't know why Chrysler designed that canister to be mounted there any way. It seems that it would get pretty trashed out if you did much off roading.

Quick Reply: 2012 Front Hitch receiver?