Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 exhaust spacers needed?

Old 11-18-2012, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure what all you plan on doing with your jeep, but i installed a lift on my buddies 2dr JK that was supposed to be 4 inches but rough country sent him a kit for a JKU and it netted 5 inches. We did not use exhaust spacers or change out his drive shaft. And he has an 1.5 inches of clearance between his driveshaft boot and exhaust. Now if he disconnects then I'm sure he will tear the boot up but he has yet to do so.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chris@offroadevolution
You have never flex then, spacers or a driveshaft is absolutely needed on the 2012 with any kind of lift

the spacers will not just loosen up or fall out.

I would suggest replacing the front driveshaft with an after market 1310. If you do any kind of wheeling you will eventually destroy the factory shaft.
Will I need spacers with the Tara Flex leveling kit? 2" spacer in front 1" spacer in back?
Old 11-25-2012, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

I have a 2012 2 door with a 2.5 teraflex bb with no spacers and its fine and still has room between the exhaust. I wheel too.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:29 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Charlie Harper
Will I need spacers with the Tara Flex leveling kit? 2" spacer in front 1" spacer in back?
If you are using stock shocks, then the answer is no, its not needed. I would ask them to be sure

Quick Reply: 2012 exhaust spacers needed?