Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 ARB Compressor Mount / other on-board air options

Old 03-25-2013, 10:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought this, now just need time to install it. Kind of pricey but very clean.

CMM Billet Air Compressor MOVABLE Mount | Carolina Metal Masters
Old 03-26-2013, 01:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsands
I just bought this, now just need time to install it. Kind of pricey but very clean.

CMM Billet Air Compressor MOVABLE Mount | Carolina Metal Masters
That's pretty slick. I haven't seen that before. I ended up going with the H.O. Single on the EVO bracket but I like the look of that.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cool Danish
I just finished installing my ARB twin compressor. I created my own brackets and used existing holes in the seat brackets. It was a really tight fit and I had to angle the compressor a little to clear seat wires (ABS sensors & seat heater). If you notice I also notched the one bracket to clear a bump in the transmission tunnel. See pics below (before I painted the bracket black):

Attachment 438471Attachment 438472Attachment 438473Attachment 438474Attachment 438475
Very creative - nice idea/use of dead space. Good job!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmike17
Very creative - nice idea/use of dead space. Good job!
Thanks!.. I thought about installing in the engine compartment similar to this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flat%20Top_024.jpg
Views:	4743
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	439193

But I decided to install it under the passenger seat for several reasons.. Having it inside the cabin helps protect it against mud/moisture etc. Also mounting it under the passenger seat helps lowering the center of gravity vs. engine compartment mount. Additionally as you point out, the space under the seat is un-used. My bracket solution might not look as pretty as the CMM Billet Air Compressor MOVABLE Mount from Carolina Metal Masters (which looks very nice btw), but it has the advantage of positioning the compressor 4"-5" further forward, thus allowing more space for the rear seat passengers feet/toes sticking under the front passenger seat. Weight should be about the same.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Here's another ARB twin mounted underhood. Hoping to make this work on a 2011.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ARB under hood 2 lo res.jpg
Views:	17488
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	439195

ARB sent me the picture. They also said the amount of dirt under the hood will not be a problem. The tools and recovery gear in my rear footwells (2dr) will take care of center-of-gravity. This is all good because the interior of mine is used up!

Last edited by Freewill; 03-27-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Quick Reply: 2012 ARB Compressor Mount / other on-board air options