Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012+ advice on swapping mods

Old 09-06-2013, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2012+ advice on swapping mods

Ok thinking of trading my 2010 jku in on a 2013 jku. I know quite abit about the 2010's but not much about the 2012's and newer. I will be swapping teraflex 2.5 coils to new jeep. 1. Exhaust spacers, I assume are needed, or is a downpipe delete tube ok. A new driveshaft is not a option. (money is a issue). 2. I have 285/70/17 on my 2010, never had to mod the computer in any way. After swapping these tires is a procal needed? I read somewhere of 2012 going into limp mode, or is this only 2012's, not 2013 and newer? Trying to keep this a budget friendly as I can. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks Jon
Old 09-06-2013, 11:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a TF 2.5 coil lift on my 2012 and run 1.5 " spacers in front due to drop brackets, winch and bumper. Used the TF spacers and I have 33k on my stock driveshaft. I have a Coast 1310 sitting in my office on deck in case the boot goes. But I didn't change it due to the fact that the stock DS is stronger and tends to be balanced better (no vibes).

I used a Procal to set my tire size and for steering wheel centering. Limp mode is not an issue when changing tires sizes. Speedo and shift points will be off but it depends on what you want to love with. To me it was worth the $150.

Other than that 2012+ autos will go into limp mode when you regear them and don't tell the computer using a procal, etc or if you put an autolocker up front.

Quick Reply: 2012+ advice on swapping mods