Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2012 4dr lift/exhaust question.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:38 AM
db1
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 4dr lift/exhaust question.

I'm running a teraflex 2 1/2" coil lift and 315/70/17s Duratracs on my 2012 4dr Rubicon.

My question for those with a similar set up -- are you having any issues with the front driveshaft rubbing on the exhaust cross pipe while wheeling? I've got more than enough room while on the road.

I purchased the teraflex exhaust spacer, but I'm debating whether or not I need to install it.

I put the jeep on jack stands under the frame and let the front axle drop as much as it would. Unfortunately, my stands aren't tall enough to get a full flex without the tires touching the ground. That being said, I think it was close to full flex. I still had about an inch worth of clearance before the driveshaft would have touched the exhaust pipe.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Dave
Old 11-24-2011, 07:58 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

if you are still running stock shocks, no, you will not have a problem with this. if you ordered new TF shocks with your lift and made sure they were for a 2012, they should be short enough to prevent this as well.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the TF 2.5" Coil lift sitting in the garage, as I just got it yesterday. I ordered the spacer kit with it and plan to put it on as they have advised on the TF video, not to mention Dave from Northridge advised it as well.
Like you, I wonder if it is as necessary on the 2.5" as it would be on the 3" and up.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:08 AM
db1
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks WOL. I believe they knew it was for a 2012. I have the Bilstein 5100s for shocks. I guess I just need to get out and wheel it to see what happens.

Quick Reply: 2012 4dr lift/exhaust question.