Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

2011 and up front brake line bracket removal???

Old 05-20-2012, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 and up front brake line bracket removal???

Anyone have a tip on removing the brake line from the factory bracket that mounts under the front coil perch? The bracket is "crimped" from the factory around the brake line. Whats the best way to get the brake line out without puncturing or tearing the line???

Thanks!!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

are you replacing the brake line? if you are just unbolt it from the frame ,on my 2010 the bracket was part of the brake line ,the replacement lines came with a new bracket to mount it to the frame
Old 05-20-2012, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dont want to replace the brake line. Just want to get it out of the bracket... The bracket comes out easy enough, but getting the line out of the bracket is the problem.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know on the 2012 the front brake line is long enough for full droop with a 3" lift so I wanted to do the same thing. I just used 2 pairs of vice grips and started at one end of the bracket and opened it up. Clamp them on as tight as you can. It's tough and luckily they never slipped off cause it takes a lot of force to bend it off so I'd recomend gloves in case they do slip. Just keep opening it up until it slips out. You don't have to open it up to the same dimension as the brake line as its rubber and will compress and slide out. Once you remove them you can move the ABS line clips by using some penetrating oil and twisting them then sliding them on the line. Like anything just be patient and take your time. If you have any questions PM me.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unbolt, use a dremel, cut a line to weaken the bracket while being very careful and then use pliers to bend them off. Dont cut through all the way. It was actually quite easy n only took about 30min

Quick Reply: 2011 and up front brake line bracket removal???